2023 JGP Istanbul Rhythm Dance | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP Istanbul Rhythm Dance

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yahli PEDERSEN / Jeffrey CHEN USA coached by MIDA. She in hot pink/black and he in black. Skating to Queen and Under Pressure. Very nice speed and they already look more comfortable together. Low levels on the midline steps. Smoothly done. Judges obviously like that,

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I must say, I'm actually impressed by how accurate technical calls have been at US competitions for most teams, including these two. (And clearly it has worked, because P/C actually have managed to improve their key points)

She's very new to partnered ice dance, so its great to see how comfortable she looks already. It will still be difficult for them to have to move up to Seniors next season, maybe they can rep another country (She must have some Scandinavian ancestry with her last name).

icewhite

Record Breaker
Now here we have a case of good 80s costume that totally don't match the music (at least her's didn't), but... very good skate!

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mariia PINCHUK / Mykyta POGORIELOV UKR - More hot pink and black to Unchain my Heart & U Give Love a Bad Name. L4 for both on twizzles. Strong perfomance and technical quality to these two. Got a bit messy at the end though. Like this team a lot also.

icewhite

Record Breaker
I am going to be kinder, I am I am, they are juniors.

(I am probably not going to be kinder, especially when the seniors start doing this.)

I'm still not blaming the skaters, especially not the juniors, since I don't think they sew their own costumes - but what are the costume designers thinking?

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexia KRUK / Jan EISENHABER GER she in sparkly black and he in a nice black jacket do Man in the Mirror & Dirty Diana. Kind of a bland, tepid presentation of Michael Jackson but decent skating skills. Much improved from their last outing. I like him better than her.