2023 Korean National Championships | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2023 Korean National Championships

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Oh wow she lost! Shin Jia is National Champion. I wasn’t expecting that.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought I would get to see Young You on the broadcast... I'm guessing she must have done badly. 😭

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Please don't call Jia the 14 kid would you
Do I have the wrong person? I am not putting her down...she is wonderful and her record is wonderful....and I am very happy how Japan nats came out and a 14 year old , no matter how gifted , didnt win that.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I was expecting it. Shin Jia won the Ranking event convincingly. She is the best Korean lady skater, and will be for this next Olympic cycle. She needs some work on flow out of her jumps. But, she deserved the gold medal.
Nice fight for Yelim. I think this was her second best competition of the year.
Haein Lee, she was my fave. Another bronze medal for her. But, most importantly, a spot to 4CC and Worlds
C.Kim, tears 😭; but, you did it. Be happy that you fought and that fight with going for the 2A in sequence is what did it.
I wonder who came in fifth (196) and sixth (193). If age eligible, these two just booked their tickets to Junior Worlds

@Ichatdelune my only complaint with the Korean skaters, is lack of expression, they are a bit robotic, compared to the Japanese and American female skaters. But, lots of depth.

This was a fair competition. Now, I need to find out the final results and find out who finished in 5th - 7th ahead of Ahsun (8th) and Wi (9th).

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not Korea unfortunately, but I will be at Saitama in March, and I will ensure to bring Korean flags and cheer loud for them 🇰🇷:cheer:

I can't wait to see these gorgeous Korean women in person!! :love2:
Sadly, we won't be able to yell loudly for them in Saitama, that's prohibited due to Covid... 😔

We'll still be able to clap loudly for them, though. 👏

sammylee

Rinkside
Country
South-Korea
I was expecting it. Shin Jia won the Ranking event convincingly. She is the best Korean lady skater, and will be for this next Olympic cycle. She needs some work on flow out of her jumps. But, she deserved the gold medal.
Nice fight for Yelim. I think this was her second best competition of the year.
Haein Lee, she was my fave. Another bronze medal for her. But, most importantly, a spot to 4CC and Worlds
C.Kim, tears 😭; but, you did it. Be happy that you fought and that fight with going for the 2A in sequence is what did it.
I wonder who came in fifth (196) and sixth (193). If age eligible, these two just booked their tickets to Junior Worlds

@Ichatdelune my only complaint with the Korean skaters, is lack of expression, they are a bit robotic, compared to the Japanese and American female skaters. But, lots of depth.

This was a fair competition. Now, I need to find out the final results and find out who finished in 5th - 7th ahead of Ahsun (8th) and Wi (9th).
Girls who came in 5th and 6th are both 13 years old and will be eligible to compete in JWC. Especially Yujae (6th) has 3A and she is practicing 4T at the moment so she could possibly be the next big thing. This was her first time landing 3A in domestic competition.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Girls who came in 5th and 6th are both 13 years old and will be eligible to compete in JWC. Especially Yujae (6th) has 3A and she is practicing 4T at the moment so she could possibly be the next big thing. This was her first time landing 3A in domestic competition.
Cant wait to see them all on V blog tomorrow night....Lots of great skaters and real depth.....I do wish them luck....its a long way from 13 to 17 in the skating world....let us hope they make it through the labirith uninjured.....

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I severely disagree but my back hurts too much to argue
I just wish there was more variety. They stand out more internationally amongst the mix of different programs worldwide. But, domestically, you really don’t see as many original programs. They all seem to copy and paste. Minsol is the exception. But, you should be happy. I think Korean skaters are right behind Japan in terms of depth and talent, out of the countries eligible to compete this year, at Worlds. I think they will bump down the American girls this year at Worlds. USA was better last year (the American girls did better at sr Worlds and jr worlds than the Koreans). I’m happy with the results. Just sad for Wi 🥺
Ok. I didn’t know it was Minsol who came back valiantly and Yujae. I only like Yujae due to the fact she is pushing Korean skating to the next level. I just don’t like her artistry.
I wonder who just finished 7th and missed out 🤔 (I’m hoping it is Seojin). I wonder where Young You finished… must have had a rough skate.

Last edited: