Finland's FS national championships 2023 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Finland's FS national championships 2023

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I had to take a second look at that name. There's a very famous rapper in Finland called Sexmane whose real name is also Max Sene.
I was confused if he was same, but not. That Max Sene is a teenager and rapper's real name is Edward Maximilian Sene and he is 22.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Wow, I hope Arttu can hang on to the podium tomorrow, but his FS is unpredictable 🤞

fun fact: today I watched Latvia Trophy and thought that VV was there to coach the two Ukrainians, but as he did his SP here today, I doubt that 😂
Arttu was the only one who had all positive GOEs yesterday. Only mistake was the jump 2t in combo, he can jump 3t. There are now too few places on podium. Arttu and Matias, I hope they both could do it. Makar and VV are n safe, but men are men and I write nothing else because I want to avoid jinx anybody. I think Finland has never had so many male skaters - or at least I don't remember - that two groups are needed. Lauri Lankila went for 3A and even his score is not high, he did better than earlier of the season. He wanted to show he don't give up. It will be time here also that more difficult jumps are needed to get a national medal.

In women Janna can afford even an mistake to win, because her TES is so much ahead of others. But for the other medals there are several candidates.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Just looking at the results page. In my view both ID teams are pretty close, especially if you look at TES, even if Juulia and Matthias are clearly on top. Nice to see Arttu in the top 3, I recall seeing him doing badly, so this is a real boost! And, yes, I agree with @TT_Fin that it is a real pity Milania and Filippo can't yet skate internationally!

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I love the voice of the announcer man. They should hire him to Euros if he can talk English.

Men's result (top 4/8):

1 Valtter VIRTANEN 202.19 1 1
2 Makar SUNTSEV 175.78 2 3
3 Matias LINDFORS 174.79 4 2
4 Arttu JUUSOLA 160.17 3 4

Edit: Lauri Lankila (6th overall) went for 3A, step out but hang on, Makar also went for it but fell.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Minja landed 3lz-3lo and had also a skate of her life, I think.

Edit: Scores were lower I expected, so had got many URs. It took quite long before she got her scores.

Last edited:

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Easy win for Janna with two big mistakes. The pressure was on, I suppose, because so many had chance to medal. Nella was crying after her skate, she might have thought the chance for medal went, but the others made mistakes and so she was finally 2nd.

Results (top 6):

1 Janna JYRKINEN 174.42 1 1
2 Nella PELKONEN 157.57 3 2
3 Minja PELTONEN 156.34 4 3
4 Olivia LISKO 155.66 2 4
5 Oona OUNASVUORI 138.29 5 6
6 Ksenija AGAFONOVA 136.62 7 5

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Bit sad for Arttu, but I hope he carries on and can seize the opportunities that will open up (soon). He's on the younger side still.
Yes and notice he did nit even put the skates on before he was nine because his family lived in Asia. He had roller skated there. I think he is talented. He lives in a small town. I think if he needs some more powerful club with more experienced couch behind him.

yesterday

Record Breaker
Yes and notice he did nit even put the skates on before he was nine because his family lived in Asia. He had roller skated there. I think he is talented. He lives in a small town. I think if he needs some more powerful club with more experienced couch behind him.
Hoping for Champéry one day :biggrin:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
The performances I most enjoyed were Turkkila & Versluis and Matias Lindfors (especially that wonderful freeskate!!!).

fehervari

On the Ice
younger skaters
can you give me some information about Daniela Ivanitskiy? I don't know what to think about her. on the one hand, she's been competing too long to be a hobby skater, and on the other hand, I'm not sure she'll continue in the seniors. I try to support her, but I hardly see any progress. I thought that the violin is the first and the ice dance only the second, but I found no evidence for that either...
thank you

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
can you give me some information about Daniela Ivanitskiy? I don't know what to think about her. on the one hand, she's been competing too long to be a hobby skater, and on the other hand, I'm not sure she'll continue in the seniors. I try to support her, but I hardly see any progress. I thought that the violin is the first and the ice dance only the second, but I found no evidence for that either...
thank you
I am sorry, but I think you know even more than me. I have seen only her name on the result lists.