2023 Lombardia Trophy Free Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2023 Lombardia Trophy Free Dance

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I see the season should be sponsored by 'if you can't beat them, join (or copy) them' slogan. Which kind of makes me laugh and cry at the same time, but maybe it's the best way to wean myself off of ice dance interest. Some coaches/choreographers really seems to think that cutting corners by 'bring inspired' by already existing programs (and cuts selection/order) to certain music is the right way to put material for the team. I know the originality and innovation are dead when it comes to ID, but I'd appreciate a modicum of decency.

Oh, and Green/Parsons. Caroline's body language in KnC was telling. There's something off and that 'off' state for me lasts since coaching change. Yes, the had pretty successful last season, but there was no 'x factor' they've had in 21/22 season for me. That FD does not look inherently bad, but it's MESSY right now and I do not see them both being 'dialed in' equally into it.

Andrina

Rinkside
This Mrazekova/Mrazek's FD is so well danced. Namely, danced. And surprisingly, with such a trivial choice of music, it stands out from a series of P/C & H/D-like dances.

A huge disappointment coming from Tashlers. Again those hand movements that we already saw last year in the FD and this year in the RD. I understand that P/C's olympic rythm danse profoundly marked them but they can find their own style.

A very lovely musical choice from Green & Parsons. And a nice choreography. I would love then to polish it and get a medal.

Guignard/Fabbri. Nice music, it captures attention. They may go far with this. But again, we've seen it so many times. No trend-setting.

Well, I'll be waiting for Chock & Bates and Gilles & Poirier and hope that they will amaze us with something new and fresh.