2023 Russian Junior Nationals - Day 3 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2023 Russian Junior Nationals - Day 3

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You know what's kind of funny (or probably not so much for the athletes and coaches)?

In all three disciplines AoP had skaters/teams entered, the 4th place finishers were their athletes (Nikita, Tito and Nastya and Vlad).
I noticed that too!

Potato medallists! šŸ„°

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
That would be such a shame!!! When they brought them together they probably did not contemplate the change in age eligibility - or did that happen at the same time the Fed discussed that?
I could imagine that they perform in smaller comps orshows to bridge that year. Then again, athletes want to compete for real....
I think there were initially no talks of raising the national eligibility rules, as most Russians involved in skating were adamantly against the international rule changes.

Personally, I was kind of expecting it, as the age-eligibility rules in Russia have shifted towards being one year younger than the international ones within the last decade or so. It makes a lot of sense for choosing an internationally eligible National team, and even though Russia currently can't compete internationally, they're clearly hopeful that will change soon.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Context:
Looks like you're not the only one who caught up with their skate, but the author of the music too.

5PelSJ4.png
Tj14jyQ.png
Anna in the interview today: That was very, very unexpected. Egor and I were a bit shocked. Egor even corresponded with him a little. We thanked Jean-Michel for being able to skate to the beautiful composition. We wrote in English and he replied in Russian. The correspondence lasted several days!

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Context:

Anna in the interview today: That was very, very unexpected. Egor and I were a bit shocked. Egor even corresponded with him a little. We thanked Jean-Michel for being able to skate to the beautiful composition. We wrote in English and he replied in Russian. The correspondence lasted several days!
That's a lovely story. Winning the competition is a great way to thank him too :love2:
It was quite funny hearing Grishin gasp dramatically the moment Leonteva/Gorelkin's scores came up... Would this be the first time a Rubleva-Shefer team won or even medalled at nationals?

I am also very glad Kolomenskaya/Frolov had a redemptive free even though it meant bumping Anna/Gleb down a place. Both teams are well-matched with great chemistry, future's looking bright!