2023 Russian Nationals among Boys and Girls (Older Age) | Golden Skate

2023 Russian Nationals among Boys and Girls (Older Age)

LadyB

Record Breaker
2023 Russian Nationals among Boys and Girls (Older Age)
30 March -03 April 2023 - Ice Palace of the Republic of Mordovia, Saransk

Categories: 1 sports, KMS (12 - 17 yrs old; 12 - 19 Pairs/Ice Dance)
Disciplines: Singles; Pairs; Ice Dance

Homepage
Training Schedule
Competition Schedule
Training groups for 30.03.
Entries/Results

Streams
Day 1 (30.03.)
Day 2 (31.03.)
Day 3 (01.04.)
Day 4 (02.04.)

Fighting for the Champions title will be, amongst others:
Pairs: Merenkova/Galimov :love:; Bashina/Sheremet; Loskutova/Chernenko; Simonova/Breslavskiy; Khodikina/Belkin
Boys: Vadim Voronov, Timofey Stolyarenko, Nikolay Kolesnikov, Ivan Ramzenkov, Dmitriy Shelkovnikov
Girls: I think I'm recognising some good, strong names in there, but I leave the preview to the experts.

I'm already buzzing! :hap10:

Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Looking at the training groups, it really is a weak year for the boys (speaking of numbers, not quality). Just 18 competitors, when in the past two seasons there were 27.

That said, the schedule is excellent for me, with the boys performing Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. Davai Timofey! :cheer2:

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Looking at the training groups, it really is a weak year for the boys (speaking of numbers, not quality). Just 18 competitors, when in the past two seasons there were 27.

That said, the schedule is excellent for me, with the boys performing Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. Davai Timofey! :cheer2:
Just 18??
Im guessing not much turn out from outside of Moscow and SPB?

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Yeah, it is really sad. I was so happy when they qualified. Tikhonov is also not there, and they didn't send any replacements from Moscow either. So odd.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Yeah, it is really sad. I was so happy when they qualified. Tikhonov is also not there, and they didn't send any replacements from Moscow either. So odd.
thats really odd that no one replaced him, Im sure bunch of the boys that didn't qualify would have been happy to go or they could have offered the spot to another skater that didn't do their best at nats/russian cup final but couldn't/didnt take part in the qualifiers like they did with Lyuba.

LadyB

Record Breaker
And what happened with Max Belyavskiy and sunny Kirill Kropylev?
Kirill Andrusik, Andrey Anisimov, Genrikh Gartung, Maksim Belyavskiy and Kirill Kropylev are all included in the Samarochka Cup, which is schedule to start today. Their names have been on the list for a while. If that goes ahead, I'm looking forward to it.
I totally forgot about that, even though I put the Link and names of competitors up at the weekend :giggle:

However, Entries/Results are out and none of them is actually performing. :(

Last edited:

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Kirill Andrusik, Andrey Anisimov, Genrikh Gartung, Maksim Belyavskiy and Kirill Kropylev are all included in the Samarochka Cup, which is schedule to start today. Their names have been on the list for a while. If that goes ahead, I'm looking forward to it.
I totally forgot about that, even though I put the Link and names of competitors up at the weekend :giggle:

However, Entries/Results are out and none of them is actually performing. :(
But why would they skip this to go there? If either of them does well here, it would mean an entry to the novice national team?:scratch2:

LadyB

Record Breaker
But why would they skip this to go there? If either of them does well here, it would mean an entry to the novice national team?:scratch2:
Only they and Vika can answer that. I agree, it doesn't make sense. Over the years I've given up on trying to understand these decisions, as the real reasons often become apparent only later on. Being a Mozer Team fan has left a mark on me in that respect. :laugh:

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
I'm surprised to see names from junior nationals among girls...
yeah there are some names I wasn't expecting, im still not sure how Lyuba got in? Moscow is sending the top 6 from moscow qualifiers + her?
They only have 6 spots so how is she there?

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
yeah there are some names I wasn't expecting, im still not sure how Lyuba got in? Moscow is sending the top 6 from moscow qualifiers + her?
They only have 6 spots so how is she there?
Also, I can only see one female skater representing the Moscow region listed in the training groups (Vika Morozova), but they should have three spots (which would mean Kira Trofimova and Yana Astashenkova are missing).

Last edited:

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Also, I can only see one female skater representing the Moscow region listed in the training groups (Vika Morozova), but they should have three spots (which would mean Kira Trofimova and Yana Astashenkova are missing).
I dont get what's going on here honestly, some feds sending more skaters than their allocated spots allow and others not using all their spots even tho they could:shrug: Maybe it evens out that way or Lyuba is representing moscow region now?

Remilia

On the Ice
Surprised to see Daria Sadkova here after she placed 2nd at the cup final, especially when, she's not guaranteed to medal

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I dont get what's going on here honestly, some feds sending more skaters than their allocated spots allow and others not using all their spots even tho they could:shrug: Maybe it evens out that way or Lyuba is representing moscow region now?
But even if she were representing Moscow region now, it still feels unfair for her to be here when she didn't compete in the qualifier for the Moscow region.

This feels more like RusFed messing around with things (for their own personal preference), and I say that as someone who likes Lyuba.

One thing, Kira and Yana (who were 2nd and 3rd at the Moscow region qualifier) are both training at AoP, so is it possible they're flying in later and missing the training tomorrow, i.e. they wouldn't be listed in the training groups anyways?

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
But even if she were representing Moscow region now, it still feels unfair for her to be here when she didn't compete in the qualifier for the Moscow region.

This feels more like RusFed messing around with things (for their own personal preference), and I say that as someone who likes Lyuba.

One thing, Kira and Yana (who were 2nd and 3rd at the Moscow region qualifier) are both training at AoP, so is it possible they're flying in later and missing the training tomorrow, i.e. they wouldn't be listed in the training groups anyways?
I honestly dont know what is going on with Lyuba, I dont get why she even would be sent here tbh, if Rusfed is just adding skaters anyway you would think they would add skaters that missed both cup final and junior nats not Lyuba who did decently in jr nats and got 6th place. I guess we will find out tomorrow if she does represent moscow then I truly dont get how she is in as they did send the top 6 from the qualifiers anyway.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Forget this theory, Anna Lyashenko and Kamilla Nelyubova also train at AoP and are listed in the training groups 😅

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Forget this theory, Anna Lyashenko and Kamilla Nelyubova also train at AoP and are listed in the training groups 😅
Maybe injuries or moscow region does only have 1 spot after all? It would be weird for them to only send 1 skater here if they had multiple.