2023 World Team Trophy Pairs Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2023 World Team Trophy Pairs Short Program

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Speaking of illusion-mesh-with-weird-swirls costumes...

stranger things on ice :biggrin:

Erm, Camille and Pavel were in the previous group. These costumes are perfectly normal compared to my kids. :laugh:

I can't actually remember seeing this programme before, but I know I did because Pairs is the one category from Worlds that I have managed to finish watching in its entirity.

Love the music, which I can't remember hearing before, but must have for the reasons in the previous sentence. And, I have to admit, I do actually like their costumes.

They win the SP by 1.78 points.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ted.. there is not two point lead into the free... unless i am wrong.. the scores are erased no?

That's what I hate about the WTT. They don't tell us the overall results for each category at the end of the event.

I remember when I was running the Predictions Games, and we were predicting on the individual categories in the WTT as well as the overall Team results. Before working out the scores for the players, I had to construct the final results tables for each category myself to find out the final scores and, hence, positions of the skaters / partnerships.

It was a nightmare!

I know they don't count for anything, but it would be nice to be provided with them for reference purposes.

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I sure hope not...
watching the cbc broadcast of the gala from worlds ... carol didn't confirm anything but between piper's surgery and paul's personal issues (two deaths in his entourage) she made it sound like it was already a big decision to come back one more season... and with everything that happened... it seemed unlikely... she did say that they would do their spring tours and decide afterwards.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
That's what I hate about the WTT. They don't tell us the overall results for each category at the end of the event.

I remember when I was running the Predictions Games, and we were predicting on the individual categories in the WTT as well as the overall Team results. Before working out the scores for the players, I had to construct the final results tables for each category myself to find out the final scores and, hence, positions of the skaters / partnerships.

It was a nightmare!

I know they don't count for anything, but it would be nice to be provided with them for reference purposes.

CaroLiza_fan
at the same time, if they give out SBs like candy for both the Sp and the LP, don't they want to add them up for a TOTAL score SB?

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
watching the cbc broadcast of the gala from worlds ... carol didn't confirm anything but between piper's surgery and paul's personal issues (two deaths in his entourage) she made it sound like it was already a big decision to come back one more season... and with everything that happen... it seemed unlikely
I know it's unlikely...but I still selfishly want them to keep going for one more season...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Want to see @auser add to wet California? Many tears will be shed if this is the last skate of Piper and Paul(though several of those tears will be of appreciation).
i am not ready not to have Paul in my life... i mean.. i still have max and nik... and a few others... but losing Patrick and then Jo Phan back to back has been tough for me :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Did they say they are going to retire?
not yet... when they were asked if they would be in Montreal next year, their answer was very not convincing... they said they would skate their shows first and then decide..but their non-verbal language was not very positive.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
at the same time, if they give out SBs like candy for both the Sp and the LP, don't they want to add them up for a TOTAL score SB?

Exactly! It doesn't make sense not giving out a Total score.

You could potentialy end up withthe situation where somebody gets a World Record score in the SP, and a World Record score in the FS, but then somebody else holds the World Record score for the Total score, even though it is lower than what was scored here. It's stupid.

At least there are only 6 entries at the WTT, so it isn't that difficult to construct the Total results table.

I remember making a Fan Fest a few years ago, and the skater had competed in a lot of domestic events that did not give out total scores. And I had to construct the Total results tables to find out how she had got on overall, so that I could put it into her Competitive History table. And for most of these events, there were between 20 and 30 entries. And I was getting angrier, and angrier.

I can tell you now, by the time I had finished her Competitive History table, I was wishing I hadn't adopted her.

But with how she has been doing since then, I have no regrets in adopting her now! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

sworddance21

On the Ice
I could watch Riku and Ryuichi's lovely and joyful skating to the sound of paint drying, but I hope they get more interesting music next season. Love them! :love2:
I actually really like their music but I don't think it works particularly well for them. It needs moodier people. :)