2024 Four Continents Free Dance | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2024 Four Continents Free Dance

rain

Record Breaker
Some thoughts:

The American teams matchup was once again very interesting. Some redemption for Zingas/Kolesnik. The twizzles hurt Carreira/Ponomarenko, though I do think they've clearly stepped into the No. 2 American spot. And Green/Parsons need to do some soul searching, they'll have a lot riding on next season. I don't think their drop is irreparable, but their material is going to be even more key than usual.

rain

Record Breaker
They had a few lower levels this time around, especially on the steps (level 2s)... so there is indeed room.
Yes, they are going to want that to be at least a 3 (almost nobody goes for a 4 in the step sequences anymore, I notice).

The double cantilever remains my favourite move in the whole program, I think. Well, maybe tied with the curve lift. This is just such an exceptional piece of work.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
no american nor canadian judges will be judging dance at worlds...

So if anything, it favours the Italians.
For some reasons I don't the judges really like Gilles and Porier. They won here for sure but Chock and Bates have nothing to worry nor do the Italians If anything Fear and Gibson might be P squared. However, what is interesting is that Canada has four strong dance teams of which they can only send three. I wonder if LaLe had not made any errors in the RD if they might have won bronze? To me CP and ZK weren't necesarily going to bel LaLe in the RD if all skated clean I would suggest GP really look at their programs, look at every detail footwork, patterns, spins,lifts and body lines. Work on performance and watch those levels These scores suggest they won't be close to cb or the italians and maybe fighting with Fear and Gibson. The Danadians also seem stuck in mediocrity. Are they about to be passed by one or two Lsquared teams from Canada? This is a team like Fear and Gibson who maybe deserve a world bronze. I think we are waiting to see if PC return and what happens at worlds if Chock and Bates, The Italians or P squared retire.

LadyB

Record Breaker
no american nor canadian judges will be judging dance at worlds...

So if anything, it favours the Italians.
Oh, good to know.
The Italians are doing my head in. I know they do everything right (apparently, but I'm not an expert), but I don't like it and they haven't got the charisma of Piper & Paul.
So, if you shout loud and proud we might make it! :whistle:šŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž

LadyB

Record Breaker
For some reasons I don't the judges really like Gilles and Porier. They won here for sure but Chock and Bates have nothing to worry nor do the Italians If anything Fear and Gibson might be P squared.
It pains me to say it, but I agree with that. I do love F/G, but I want P&P to shine - they'd soooo deserve it!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
random commentes none is really interested in or ever asked for:biggrin:

- Li/Wang took us to the steppe and i loved every single moment of it
- i love what China and Japan is doing to develop nice and interesting new dance teams
- @4everchan Jason still deserves his nomination :biggrin:
- Marie Jade and Romain creativity doesn't get rewarded enough
- i know nothing, but i don't understand the beauty of this beast
- Anthony, Rinka did it better
- Piper and Paul šŸ„²šŸ„²šŸ„²šŸ„²šŸ„²

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Piper and Paul, their whole team for that 4CC title.
My subjective take I'm entitled to have (and others may argue with it to the end, I don't care at this point) is that like commentary said: "No matter what piece of music you get them, they'll act the part" and for me this is the only team with such ability now. This version of FD may be my favourite so far because it shows their work in eliminating kinks from transitions and work on speed/coverage I feel. It truly showed this time. I also kind of like shirt color change for Paul because God knows I hate too much of 'matchy-matchy' in costumes (but pink was great too!!), yet now because of the change I wonder if crepe paper cut in pinks/violets should stay or should I prepare new palette...decisions, decisions.
I've only watched Piper and Paul so far as after RD judging I was curious if certain judges (seemingly working overtime for teams that aren't even competing in Shanghai...) will make PĀ² losing at the end. While I may agree with TC calling about step sequences levels in particular, I just know this FD will not ever get GOE it deserves - and I'll leave it as such before venting and being plain nasty, not even my usual petty self when it comes to this subject. I'll leave it elsewhere. I just hope Piper and Paul are satisfied and will truly hold nothing back in Montreal, regardless of calling, judging and results.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I think I am most impressed with the improvement C/P are showing since I was watching ID. I dunno how much it is injury recovery, how much it is Moire's vision, but I hope it continues. Kinda hoping for the same breakthrough for some other teams I am cheering for. really, really nice skate, my favorite after the Corpse Bride. Honestly, La/Le got a bad break in this competition. Oh, well. Gills and Poirier were great. Hope to see some awesomeness in Montreal from them.

skatingguy

On the Ice
I wonder what ever happened to that other Chinese dance team, with the super tall guy...are they still competing?
I think Wang/Liu are still competing, but I also think they are injured...I miss them. šŸ˜„
Sorry if this got answered already, but apparently Wang/Liu will be competing at the Chinese National Winter Games in a couple weeks, and that event is the qualifier for Worlds.

Last edited: