2024 Tallink Hotels Cup | Feb 15-18 | Golden Skate

2024 Tallink Hotels Cup | Feb 15-18

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2024 Tallink Hotels Cup will take place Feb 15-18, 2024, in Tallinn, Estonia. The event will feature the Singles (Women and Men) discipline in the Junior and Senior categories and will be conducted in accordance with the 2022 ISU Constitution and General Regulations, the ISU Special Regulations & Technical Rules for Single & Pair Skating and relevant ISU Communications.

Country
Norway

I just saw this on Twitter. Very surprised to see Petrokina at the entries, is she really healthy enough to compete already? What a line up really.

A bunch of Norwegian in seniors. Apparently Ida Vamnes and Pernille With are doing their first senior competition ever. A bit of a surprise to me but excited.

MaHa75

On the Ice

I just saw this on Twitter. Very surprised to see Petrokina at the entries, is she really healthy enough to compete already? What a line up really.

A bunch of Norwegian in seniors. Apparently Ida Vamnes and Pernille With are doing their first senior competition ever. A bit of a surprise to me but excited.

About Petrokina i am agree its not healty but its Estonian rules to qualify for the world she needs to compete at least 1 comp in 2024 before words. But federation.should take to account injuries...so far they dont and puting their atlhetes in danger for pushing. The same was with Kiibus. Lets see...btw Tallink Hotels is organized By Petrokina home club and so far she has always earned her PB here 🤪

Country
Norway
I found the resultpage on the Sportity app. Evenetcode is THC2024.

Well, I think there might be a mix up between junior and senior women at least for the Norwegian ladies. As I said I was surprised to see Pernille and Ida listed with the senior women. But now I checked the entries for the junior women and Mia Risa Gomez is listed with the juniors :scratch2::scratch2:

There is a possibility that Mia would do a junior competition in case she is going to be considered for junior worlds, but I don´t think that is the case. According to the Fed paper of selection for competitions this half of the season, Pernille and Ida was going to do juniors at this competition and Mia seniors.

Let´s say it´s actually the Fed who made a mistake with the entries - what would happen? Will they be allowed to change the category or do they either have to WD or just skate in the respective categories?

Looking at the other entries, it seems there is no other mistakes with other countries

Country
Norway
Result page

I am not sure if skaters could skate in small competitions at seniors when they are not age egilible yet? Sometimes at national level it happens, but I doubt ISU events. There must have been a mistake made somewhere, I think.

Niina Petrokina is listed. Hope she has recovered.
Yes probably a mistake, I thought perhaps Pernille was old enough this season but not the next one when the age goes to 17. She is 16 now, but wasn´t 16 before the 1th of July last year, so maybe not. I can never understand this 1th of July-rule. In that case it´s even odder that is listed among seniors. Ida is 18 so she is old enough but has been competing in juniors all season.

Country
Norway
@TT_Fin I just checked what it says about age limits in senior competition, and for 23/24 it says this:

Age eligibility​

Skaters are eligible to compete in ISU events at the junior or senior levels according to their age. These rules may not apply to non-ISU events such as national championships.

LevelDate of birth
Junior (females in all disciplines; males in singles)Born between July 1, 2004 & June 30, 2010
Junior (males in pairs & ice dance)Born between July 1, 2002 & June 30, 2010
Senior (all disciplines)Born before July 1, 2007

Since Pernille is born 17.08.2007 she can´t do seniors this season, except for non-ISU events as you say.

Now i´m hoping the mistake might have been the organizers and not the Fed. Because if the Fed did the mistake and entered them as seniors the organizers should have gotten back to them before they published it when they saw that Pernille is not old enough in the system

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

You don't by any chance know the address for the Entries / Results page for the Interclub part of the event, do you?

I'm curious to see if Oliviia Bazlova is entered. Plus, I wouldn't mind knowing what time Friday's action starts at, because I have a dentist's appointment that morning.

EDIT: I'm stupid. I just realised that the Tallink Hotels Cup is in FEBRUARY, not January! :palmf: It's this Friday that I am going to the dentist.​

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:
Country
Norway
The Norwegian entries are now fixed, Pernille and Ida are moved to juniors. Mia is not listed anymore, but that was expected. She is going to Challenge Cup the week after and has a lot of other competitions before and after.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
You don't by any chance know the address for the Entries / Results page for the Interclub part of the event, do you?

I'm curious to see if Oliviia Bazlova is entered. Plus, I wouldn't mind knowing what time Friday's action starts at, because I have a dentist's appointment that morning.

EDIT: I'm stupid. I just realised that the Tallink Hotels Cup is in FEBRUARY, not January! :palmf: It's this Friday that I am going to the dentist.​

CaroLiza_fan

Yes, it is February and there are some comps before.

Result page does not yet tell this years entries, I found a link but there were 2023 results though the topic was 2024.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yes, it is February and there are some comps before.

Not least the Volvo Open in neighbouring Latvia, which IS actually this week. (You know, I should have realised that it would be unlikely for two of the Baltic States to hold international events at exactly the same time... :p )

Result page does not yet tell this years entries, I found a link but there were 2023 results though the topic was 2024.

Thanks for trying anyway. Hopefully it will not be long until becomes available.

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

Orchidea

On the Ice
Not least the Volvo Open in neighbouring Latvia, which IS actually this week. (You know, I should have realised that it would be unlikely for two of the Baltic States to hold international events at exactly the same time... :p )

Thanks for trying anyway. Hopefully it will not be long until becomes available.

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan
evrything is up in sportity app - Info: Sportity App (iOS and Android) using code: THC2024

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
evrything is up in sportity app - Info: Sportity App (iOS and Android) using code: THC2024

Thanks, but I'm afraid I do things on a computer. And I can't find a PC version of Sportity.

Well, there are PC versions coming up on search results, but I don't know if they are legit because I have never heard tell of the websites that are offering downloads. There are no links on Sportity's own website, which suggests to me that there is no PC version.

It's a nuisance the way that so many things nowadays are being geared towards mobile phones, and people using computers are not being thought of.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Finally found the address of the Entries / Results page for the Interclub part of the event:

https://fsresults.info/2023-2024/THC2024CLUB/index.htm

It doesn't start until Friday, with the Advanced Novices doing their SP's before the Juniors and Seniors do their FS's. And then the rest of the interclub competitions are on Saturday and Sunday.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Country
Norway
Interesting to see both Joos-sisters competing in junior women. I´m guessing in Sarinas case she is doing juniors in this competition because she wants to gather some junior ranking points before JWC to be better ranked. She is currently nr. 21 at world ranking, but hasn´t any junior points due to only doing seniors, so she would be in the first groups at JWC is she didn´t compete here. She has a good chance to win the junior women event, so that will be good points to have at JWC and probably move her up some groups.

Last edited:
Country
Norway
I think the same goes for Arlet Levandi. There is no Estonian men in senior men which is kinda sad since it´s in Tallinn, not good for tickets sale, I can only think that is the reason why Arlet is doing junior in this competition.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I think the same goes for Arlet Levandi. There is no Estonian men in senior men which is kinda sad since it´s in Tallinn, not good for tickets sale, I can only think that is the reason why Arlet is doing junior in this competition.

I guess this is a symptom of there being back-to-back Senior B's in Estonia. Levandi opted to go to Haabersti in Tallinn this week, whereas the Selevkos opted to go to Lõunakeskus in Tartu last week. (Although, in the end, only Aleksandr skated).

But, it's more than that. We have had 5 international events in the Baltic States in the past 6 weeks:

Date
Competition
European Championships​
Kaunas, Lithuania​
18–21 Jan. 2024​
Volvo Open Cup​
Riga, Latvia​
–​
–​
–​
01–04 Feb. 2024​
Icebeat Winter Trophy​
Kaunas, Lithuania​
08–11 Feb. 2024​
Lõunakeskus Trophy​
Tartu, Estonia​
15–18 Feb. 2024​
Tallink Hotels Cup​
Tallinn, Estonia​

Having so many events in the Baltic States in such a short space of time is always going to result in fields getting split. It was very bad planning on the part of the Feds (and in particular the Estonian Fed, for allowing their clubs to have events on consecutive weeks).

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: