A recent interview with Alena Leonova | Page 2 | Golden Skate

A recent interview with Alena Leonova

adoreyuna

Rinkside
I like Alena Leonova so much.
She looks like Jackie Chan, I mean, a good anti-depressant available.
When I was feeling downhearted, I watched her breezy programs.
She makes me smile and happy like Alban Preaubert.:laugh:
I'd like to see her vibrant performances for a long time.

seniorita

Record Breaker
wow 6th place is ambitious. i hope she has better skate than Euros.:)
When does Russian Team go to Canada?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hmmm. Leonova finished 7th at Euros, and admits to being nervous because she wanted to win and says that's why she didn't skate well. But the Olympic is even more of a high-pressure event, and now she says she wants to be in the top 6.

Let me see: 7th at Euros, and now there will be seven US, Canadian and Asian skaters, all of whom have finished ahead of her at one event or another (and many of them have beaten the European top 6 as well).

Top 6 at the Olympics seems even less doable than winning Euros. JMHO.

Last edited:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Hmmm. Leonova finished 7th at Euros, and admits to being nervous because she wanted to win and says that's why she didn't skate well. But the Olympic is even more of a high-pressure event, and now she says she wants to be in the top 6.

Let me see: 7th at Euros, and now there will be six US, Canadian and Asian skaters, all of whom have finished ahead of her at one event or another (and many of them have beaten the European top 6 as well).

Top 6 at the Olympics seems even less doable than winning Euros. JMHO.

Well, she finished 7th at Worlds. But eh. I don't know if she'll crack the top six. If she does, it'll be pretty nice for her. :yes: