Adian Pitkeev | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Adian Pitkeev

Sofia

Lil sweetheart has big ideas
On the Ice
Happy b-day to Adyan! May the new season go smoothly!

So something like this? Hm......:think:
In the news above, Zoueva said it's a piano and cello version of the main theme from "The Mission". This seems to be the most plausible choice that strictly fits with her description. Too short for an LP, so it has to be combined with something else if it must be chosen.
In theory, this movie soundtrack may suit the soft and gentle style of Adyan's skating, and it's possible to choreograph a program that immediately stands out among current Russian Men out of this beautiful, emotional and inspiring melody. At the same time it challenges him to show deep emotions and pay a lot more attention to details of movements, so it takes rapid progress to learn to interpret it well in a few months' time. Double-edged sword, I'd say. But it's a good signal that he has both the taste to choose it and the courage to accept the challenges.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Happy birthday, Adian! :hb:

I guesss I didn't read very well & thought he'd be skating to the actual Morricone soundtrack, which is more dramatic. The Piano Guys' stuff is a little slow and treacly for my liking...but I will reserve judgment until I see the finished product.

Basil

On the Ice
Considering the current state of Russian male ice skating, he has all the chances to be in top-3.

Sofia

On the Ice

Sofia

On the Ice
Goodness, he's not a skinny little toothpick any more, is he? He has grown up a lot this year and seems stronger all around. :thumbsup:
:)I've also noticed that he has grown a lot stronger over this year, although I have to say he still looks quite skinny to me. He's taller, too, while the growth in height seems slowing down compared to season 13-14. Maybe that means he won't grow into another Moris...tbh his height is just fine now.
BTW did you notice anything on his ear in that pic with Moris (post #252)? I think he had his ear(s) pierced.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:)I've also noticed that he has grown a lot stronger over this year, although I have to say he still looks quite skinny to me. He's taller, too, while the growth in height seems slowing down compared to season 13-14. Maybe that means he won't grow into another Moris...tbh his height is just fine now.
BTW did you notice anything on his ear in that pic with Moris (post #252)? I think he had his ear(s) pierced.

I can't get the link up anymore for some reason.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Hmm...hard to tell. Hopefully we'll get some more close-up pics soon.

Sofia

On the Ice
Sort of wondering why they didn't choose the original soundtrack. That might be a better choice.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Sort of wondering why they didn't choose the original soundtrack. That might be a better choice.

I agree. This version is so soft and quiet that I can already hear the complaints that Adian isn't expressive enough to pull it off. But Eteri said in an interview that Marina Zueva had some kind of visualization technique that seemed to help him in that respect, so we'll see.