Advice on my next boots | Golden Skate

Advice on my next boots

shirosesh

Spectator
hey everyone! im quite new in this place, so nice to meet you all :)
theres a ton of boot questions out there, but i was really unsure of how to go about it so i’ll ask for guidance too.

i’m a near-adult figureskater, who started 6-7 months ago. i weigh 56-59 kg and i’m 168 cm tall, started on axel with consistent singles. i skate around 5-8 hours a week. i have had a LOT of ankle injuries and have hypermobility, so i need a lot of support. these days i’ve been looking at which skates to invest in next, since i wanna be prepared for when the trip to the skate shop comes. i’m currently in risport rf3 pros for 4-5 months, and i’m not sure if i’d like to stick with risports or give edea a try. what would you guys recommend me based on the info? thank you so much :)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
hey everyone! im quite new in this place, so nice to meet you all :)
theres a ton of boot questions out there, but i was really unsure of how to go about it so i’ll ask for guidance too.

i’m a near-adult figureskater, who started 6-7 months ago. i weigh 56-59 kg and i’m 168 cm tall, started on axel with consistent singles. i skate around 5-8 hours a week. i have had a LOT of ankle injuries and have hypermobility, so i need a lot of support. these days i’ve been looking at which skates to invest in next, since i wanna be prepared for when the trip to the skate shop comes. i’m currently in risport rf3 pros for 4-5 months, and i’m not sure if i’d like to stick with risports or give edea a try. what would you guys recommend me based on the info? thank you so much :)
hello and welcome!

You are not going to want edea for multiple reasons: One, if you fit a risport with your foot shape, edea won't work. And two: edea is not going to support your ankles enough. You could look at Jackson though: Elite 5200 or 5300. Long shot for you may be Graf as well.

I do have to say that you should not need new boots yet, the Risports should be holding you for close to a year. Are you just looking ahead? Have you been fitted by a pro figure skate fitter? Also, what blade are you currently on?

Last edited:

shirosesh

Spectator
hello and welcome!

You are not going to want edea for multiple reasons: One, if you fit a risport with your foot shape, edea won't work. And two: edea is not going to support your ankles enough. You could look at Jackson though: Elite 5200 or 5300. Long shot for you may be Graf as well.

I do have to say that you should not need new boots yet, the Risports should be holding you for close to a year. Are you just looking ahead? Have you been fitted by a pro figure skate fitter? Also, what blade are you currently on?
ah i see, thats interesting though cause i tried on an edea when i got my risports and they felt almost similar? i doubt my skate shop has many jacksons but i’ll look into it - i used to have jacksons but i didn’t enjoy them and they were a size too big. i’ll look into graf as well!

yup i’m just looking ahead into the future so i’m prepared :) i have been fitted by the local shop which is one of the only ones in the country, and i’m currently on coronation ace blades! thank you

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
ah i see, thats interesting though cause i tried on an edea when i got my risports and they felt almost similar? i doubt my skate shop has many jacksons but i’ll look into it - i used to have jacksons but i didn’t enjoy them and they were a size too big. i’ll look into graf as well!

yup i’m just looking ahead into the future so i’m prepared :) i have been fitted by the local shop which is one of the only ones in the country, and i’m currently on coronation ace blades! thank you
Yeah, Risports definitely do not fit like or feel like Edea.

shirosesh

Spectator
interesting, i barely felt a difference when i tried risport and edea on each foot! i’ll ask my shop about guidance as well, and i’ll look into what u said :)

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
interesting, i barely felt a difference when i tried risport and edea on each foot! i’ll ask my shop about guidance as well, and i’ll look into what u said :)
Yeah, this is odd. Good luck with that. With all of my experience over the years wearing/testing all brands and competing at the highest levels, no two brands are the same.