Advice please | Golden Skate

Advice please

dell

Spectator
Hi!
I have been skating since i was about 3 but when I was 8 I started skating more actively (2-3 times/week) Because my feet grew super fast (like 1/2 size per 6 months), we decided to rent first which was a good choice bc i ended up going through like 3 skates.
THe renting place only had freestyle and mystique jackson skates, so we went with the mystique bc the freestyle were pretty pricy.
I used mystique until i was 11 and quit, because my ankles and foot weren't suitable for competitive skating. (I had to get the sktaes punched alot and i couldn't land my axel.

So I think somewhere after 2 years of renting we changed to blades to the aspire xp, and by then i was doing a scratch spins, sit spins, spirals, back scratch. And all half jumps , loop jumps and was learnig how to do an axel.

Right now, I'm jthinking of going back (not competitively but just for fun) maybe 2 times a week , but since my feet have slowed growing, I was debating whether to buy skates. If I did, i'm torn between artiste, mhystique, and the more advanced skates like elle and freestyle
any advice?
thanks so much
dell

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Your best bet is to find a good fitter in your area as skates depend on a ton of things: skill level, personal preference for stiffness, and weight are only some of the many variables.

Your feet will likely be very weak in the places they need to be strong for skating, so you will need a good fitter to make sure that you will be injury free with a skate stiff enough to support your skating and flexible enough that you can bend through it.

There's no such thing as a foot that "isn't right for competitive skating" but there is such thing as a boot that's not right for your foot. If you were experiencing that pain from Jackson, going back to Jackson will likely not be your best bet unless your feet have changed shape (which might have happened as it sounds like you are still young). This is another reason you need a good fitter; to determine what brand is best for your foot.

Where do you live? There are many skaters here much more knowledgeable than me that will be able to give you recommendations for good fitters in your area.