After watching COC..... | Golden Skate

After watching COC.....

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Are Michelle and Irina really skating to the same music for the SP as Paul said? I thought Irina had changed hers?

gracefulswan

On the Ice
after watching COC, i'm even more baffled of how high irina scored above the others. her short just was not even in the top 5 of ones i've seen. i was shocked at her scores. TT told sizuka to go and learn the biellman during the off season. guess she really knows how important it seems to be to get inflated marks... :scratch: it's her music and choreography that struck me... what? it got 31+ points..quite a bit lower than her TES... but i would have put it below 30. now, i'm pretty confident sasha and michelle can compete with that... more than confident. they should after what i saw.

really like li's improvement in the choreography department... and not too impressed by lambiel yet. hope he can get back that dreaded 3 axel he has problems on often.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Piel said:
Are Michelle and Irina really skating to the same music for the SP as Paul said? I thought Irina had changed hers?

I'm glad that you posted this -- I thought I was hearing things. Yes, I heard also that Irina had changed hers, but another poster on another board said that Irina used this music at the Russian test skate, so maybe they are doing the same music (I doubt that they are using the same arrangement, though). I hope that they are not, though.

Actually, it would be interesting if they did use the same music. That way we could get a good comparison with respect to choreography and interpretation. It would be fun.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I agree with the poster who wasnt sure how irinas marks were so much higher than the rest of the field. Some of her spins were interesting and I could tell her camel sequence was challenging, but it was another biellman fest.

Over the course of her career, irina made vast improvements in her presentation and carriage. However, in this sp I thought that her arms were a bit out of control, particularily in the footwork and conecting sequences. I appreciate the speed she gets in her programs, but you dont have to sacrifice clean movement for speed (see alissa for and example).

All in all I thought her program was nice, but not 10 points ahead of the competition nice.

K-Mo

On the Ice
I thought it was another episode of Biellmainia, too. I realize they rack up the points, but I hate seeing them, expecially several in one program. I guess I just have to accept the fact that this Olympics will have almost every skater doing them. :eek:hwell: