Akiko Suzuki On The Move | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Akiko Suzuki On The Move

christinaskater

Medalist
She is simply pure joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She really becomes one with the music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

She has a power to draw you, enthrall you with her skating! She makes you feel the meaning of the music through her body language and choreography! A gift so beautiful and rare!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyB3_A_WnAg

She really becomes Maria from West Side Story!

Last edited:

Kinga

Medalist
I would take Akiko and Yukari over Mao and Miki any time! (Not to mention over Fumie).

christinaskater

Medalist
I also love Mao and Miki but I like Akiko more overall! heheheh

I love this post from Olympia

I finally got the chance to watch Suzuki's free skate. Wow! What a delight to see. I hope she retains that buoyant personality and those sharp skills through a long and productive career. One thing that took me by surprise was how fresh and new she made that old war-horse West Side Story sound and look. It's one of my favorite musicals, but even I must admit it's been done to death in skating....Yet Suzuki and her creative team have turned it around. One thing she did that I don't think I've seen before is to use the "dance at the gym" material for the footwork sequence. Her program also interprets the music, with its jazzy rhythm, rather than the downbeat dramatic characters or storyline from the musical. I think this interpretation is ideal for her personality. What a lovely addition Suzuki is to international skating! She reminds me a lot of Yuka Sato--same musicality and sense of enjoyment.

mishieru07

On the Ice
Shae-Lynn Bourne Did her choreography and said that Akiko was a joy to work with!

Yay good for both of them! I really enjoyed her performances at CoC; she seemed to be living her programmes and having fun! Considering all that she's been through, she's such a tough cookie! :bow: A joy to watch and I'd love to see her at the Olympics! (Ideally, I want Miki and Akiko, not fussed about the 3rd spot. Someone needs to light a fire under Mao.)

ITA about watching her skate; she makes me smile simply because she looks like she's enjoying herself (like the Kerrs in Dance). Unlike watching Czisny or Kostner, I'm not nervous that she'll fall or make mistakes, which allows me to focus on the performance.

GO GO AKIKO! Kick some a** at Nationals and Skate Canada (and maybe the GPF!) :rock:

And I hope she doesn't get robbed on the basis of PCS. Girl IS artistic and musical imo.

Off-topic: I like Shae-Lynn's choreography; it seems to fit the skater well regardless of who she's choreographing for! Hopefully we'll get to see more of her works in the coming years.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
She was totally under scored at the event. IMO, her FS should be over 120+ at least. I don't get it her PCS is only 52+ , where it should have be at least 3 or 4 points higher.

Skatetomusic

On the Ice
Both of Akiko's competitive programs this season are exquisite and there is no denying of that. I remember about a year ago that Akiko said she was more of an artistic skater. To see that she has the whole package is commendable and I don't think she could have made a better choice in terms of who choreographed her programs this season.

christinaskater

Medalist
I really love Akiko's skating!

Hope she really stays like Shizuka and really try to improve more and more!

Shizuka was Akiko's inspiration why she came back to skating and to see Shizuka designing her LP dress is so nice!

Skatetomusic

On the Ice
I'm rooting for her to do well at Japanese Nationals. I really hope she surprises those national judges if she hasn't already at GPF!

Bennett

Record Breaker
THAT performance was fab!! I loved it, loved it!!!! She skates from the heart. Great Charisma.

Nadia01

Final Flight
If she skates like that on Christmas, she may get a nice present: a spot on the Oly team.

I hope she gets to go. (I really dislike Fumie, and Yukari's programs this year leave me cold...)

christinaskater

Medalist
I wish she can still improve some of the positions on the spins!

I really wish she medals at the Nationals and who knows medal in the Olympics!:clap:

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I love her WSS LP. It's my favorite of all the women. I hope she gets to go to the Olys and is scored fairly. Her PCS should all be in the 7s. She's not perfect but who is? I'd love to see her on the podium.

christinaskater

Medalist
She really becomes Maria of WSS when she skates

I'd give her high 7's for her PCS to even 8

I think she needs to get a clout when it comes to judging

She'll eventually get there!

I think she can change her SP''s costume or make a shorter version of Dark Eyes her LP last year.:clap::clap::clap::clap:

If she does that , who knows?