Any Sasha updates? | Page 93 | Golden Skate

Any Sasha updates?

MKFSfan

Medalist
^^^Just to clarify, when we riders speak of cold eyes, it's really "hard eyes" vs "soft eyes". The difference is when you have soft eyes, you are very aware of what is happening around you even as you concentrate on your own task. Someone with cold/hard eyes is not aware and runs the risk of interfering with others. This is what I think happens with Sasha when she supposedly cuts off or interfere's with other skaters, and it happens on the ice, not staring down or watching competitors from the boards.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
1) Asada Strategy: Dump the lutz and do triple axels instead.
2) Lepisto Strategy: Dazzle them with Beauty.

:laugh: . You forgot the:

3.) Suzuki Strategy: cut the number of lutzes down to one, do two sequences instead of combos, land seven triples and skate circles around everyone else to get marginally fair scores!

and

4.) Costner Strategy: Land more than three jumps in the free (even if they're doubles).
:rofl:

Interesting. What does a skater who can not do a proper lutz and leaves the attempt out? Would that save on points, if he found other ways to make up for it?

I think that is a good strategy. I don't know why more skaters don't do it. A flutz is only worth 4 points (6 base points for the Lutz attempt, -2 GOE for the "e" call). Why not do a loop instead and get 5 points +GOE?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I can't get over how effortless everything in the program looks. Her Beliiman is much better than in 2006, her 3 lutz/2 toe has so much more height than I have seen in a long time...espcially considering I have not seen her do one in years. NObody can touch her when it comes to skating with fire and spunk.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^not staring down or watching competitors from the boards.
She was concentrating on the rink, there wasn't anyone on the ice. I just thought she had this stare. Your comment reminded me of this photo...it may not be what you intended from your comment about the "eyes."

R.D.

Record Breaker
She was concentrating on the rink, there wasn't anyone on the ice. I just thought she had this stare. Your comment reminded me of this photo...it may not be what you intended from your comment about the "eyes."

She's been shown "staring" at the ice on TV many times.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Oh my.
Oh my.
Oh my!
None of the other ladies can touch that. If she stays on her feet, she wins. :yes:

Agreed. Flutz, smutz. If her bottom stays off the ice, she wins. So impressive! Gooooooooooo Sasha. I'm so excited and nervous for tomorrow I can't concentrate on anything.

evangeline

Record Breaker
I have a feeling I'm going to be eating a heaping serving of crow in about 3 days. :p

Likewise. I distinctly remember saying that I will eat my proverbial hat if Sasha even gets within 10km of Spokane and voting "No, Sasha will not show up at Nationals" on multiple polls. :laugh:

In this case, however, I'm glad to be proven wrong. Go Sasha! :)

berrycute

On the Ice
Laura's strategy works on me :love: :laugh:

Hmm, we talk so much about whether the beauty of Laura, Kiira or Tanith helps them with their scores, but are we ignoring the fact that, given so many skating fans are straight women and gay men, this strategy might be more effective for men? Are there any male skaters who benefit from the beauty bonus?

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Hmm, we talk so much about whether the beauty of Laura, Kiira or Tanith helps them with their scores, but are we ignoring the fact that, given so many skating fans are straight women and gay men, this strategy might be more effective for men? Are there any male skaters who benefit from the beauty bonus?

Well Yagudin did it for me, Evan does now. :biggrin:

Back OT-I posted this in another thread but just in case here's KREM's raw video footage of Sasha's practice:
http://www.krem.com/video/raw/Raw-Sasha-Cohens-first-practice-skate-in-Spokane-82196867.html

janetfan

Match Penalty
A few minutes after 9:00 pm here.

I haven't had this much anticipation since,,,,,,,Sasha and Michelle were still competing. :)

Go Sasha and best of luck to all the USA Ladies tonight :clap: :rock:

BlackAxel

Final Flight
Ah.... the suspense is killing me...I havent been this excited for the ladies skate in a couple of years....But does anyone know where I can get a live feed for the ladies sp tonight?

janetfan

Match Penalty
Ah.... the suspense is killing me...I havent been this excited for the ladies skate in a couple of years....But does anyone know where I can get a live feed for the ladies sp tonight?

Isn't one of the Russian or Korean stations streaming it? I am in the USA and will be watching on IN so I don't have a link for it. Keep asking and hopefully somebody will have an answer for you.