Any Sasha updates? | Page 94 | Golden Skate

Any Sasha updates?

antmanb

Record Breaker
Should i start the ball rolling by eating crow?! I was sure Sasha would not compete and would be too injured to compete. I was also certain if she showed up she would not have the lutz and flip as triples.

Pfffft what do I know!

With that out of the way...here's to hoping she keeps it up through to the LP!

Ant

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
do we know if she has the arsenal she's going to need (internationally) in the LP? ;) there's still a lot we don't know about her.

She came, she saw, she conquered. A professional among amateurs. :yes:

Rachael and Mirai may outjump her in the free skate, but whatever happens, Sasha has just polished her legacy to brilliance. :rock:

antmanb

Record Breaker
do we know if she has the arsenal she's going to need (internationally) in the LP? ;) there's still a lot we don't know about her.

Need to do what though? Win gold at the Olys? Win a medal at the Olys? Skate in the last group? Make the LP ;)

It depends. Taking it one step at a time she won't need anything internationally unless she's top two at the end of this competition. Landing the two hardest triples in an SP with so many eyes ready to pounce with criticism could not have been easy and she made it look very easy. I think that has to be an achievement in itself.

I have no doubt the naysayers are waiting to see if they can be proved right before posting in this thread again ;)

Ant

herro

On the Ice
She came, she saw, she conquered. A professional among amateurs. :yes:

Rachael and Mirai may outjump her in the free skate, but whatever happens, Sasha has just polished her legacy to brilliance. :rock:

Completely agree. Even if she doesn't make the team, people are going to remember the brilliant comeback she had. It only adds to her skating career. I'm so proud of her!

janetfan

Match Penalty
Did anybody else get spooked when Sasha reached down and starting playing with her boot lace?

Usually when I see that good things do not follow. :p

But I was so happy to see her skate well last night.
Whatever happens in the LP Sasha showed she is still the most stylish of skaters. :love: :clap:

herro

On the Ice
Did anybody else get spooked when Sasha reached down and starting playing with her boot lace?

Whatever happens in the LP Sasha showed she is still the most stylish of skaters. :love: :clap:

I KNOW! She did that several times if I remember correctly. I know she's been saying she had boot problems and stuff so I was really worried! :p

dannyascii

On the Ice
aye. not being a naysayer, just a pessimist... I don't wanna get my hopes up.
Same.
I won't lie. I was not expecting her to skate like that...at all. Good for her though. I'm glad she had a good short. Still skeptical though. I don't know if it's possible that her jumps and endurance will be up to snuff for a 4 minutes freeskate.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Same.
I won't lie. I was not expecting her to skate like that...at all. Good for her though. I'm glad she had a good short. Still skeptical though. I don't know if it's possible that her jumps and endurance will be up to snuff for a 4 minutes freeskate.

I don't know about endurance.......
Sasha appears to be in the best shape of her life and I think it will be more a matter if she has had enough time to train for her technique to hold up.

Actually I was surprised by how thin she looks.

antmanb

Record Breaker
aye. not being a naysayer, just a pessimist... I don't wanna get my hopes up.

:laugh: i hope you know i wasn't calling you a naysayer!

I just don't think the likes of Chuck or Silverlake are going to show their faces round here unless they get "good" news after the LP.

Ant

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I don't know about endurance.......
Sasha appears to be in the best shape of her life and I think it will be more a matter if she has had enough time to train for her technique to hold up.

Actually I was surprised by how thin she looks.

In 2006 her Olympic bio said she was 5'2" (or 5"1"? listed as both) and 90 pounds meaning she probably weighs less now. Even Mirai weighs 110. Teeny tiny Sasha fierce!

Interested to see how the LP goes. Soo excited!

Arianne

On the Ice
Sasha look sooooo determined. She fought for that program like no other! It was very inspiring to watch. I hope she brings that same determination into the long program!!! It was worth staying up until 2 am to watch!!!!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Same.

We will have to see. Still, appears she got over the initial jitters of returning and whether it translates to better composure for the FS is unknown. But Cohen's issues were never in the SP, they are in the LP.

Looking at the skating order, she is after Wagner but before Flatt and Nagasu. Should be a good fight.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
We will have to see. Still, appears she got over the initial jitters of returning and whether it translates to better composure for the FS is unknown. But Cohen's issues were never in the SP, they are in the LP.

Looking at the skating order, she is after Wagner but before Flatt and Nagasu. Should be a good fight.

I'm glad Mirai is skating after Rachael and not after Sasha. Regardless of what Sasha does there will be a lot of excitement when she skates, Flatt follows her and is probably the best person to handle that pressure, especially if Sasha rocks the LP.

MKFSfan

Medalist

I think the top six skate in reverse order, meaning the last four with be Ashley, Rachael, Sasha, Mirai.

NEVER MIND, R.D. is right...
http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2010/64740/results.html
REALLY hope this bodes well for Mirai not having to skate after Sasha, but Rachael could deliver a spectacular long ala SA...

Last edited:

Layfan

Record Breaker

I think Sasha's position might feel a little strange for her. Usually, after she is (relatively) clean after the SP she is 1st. I hope Sasha is happy. What she did after four years out was phenomenal. But I think she might be a little surprised that Mirai beat her :) Will that be a good thing or a bad thing for Sasha?

Janetfan was right on the money when she said it's a matter of whether Sasha has had enough time to train that her technique holds up for 4 minutes. I don't think Sasha has ever really had a problem with endurance. She is always one of those skaters that looks strong at the end of her performance even if she messes up in the middle. But are her jumps consistent enough to last a FS?

I also think Sasha's LP will show her off better than her SP. She seems to really love her Moonlight Sonata piece. I think she will be way above Mirai and Flatt in PCS in the FS.

Layfan

Record Breaker

Yes, and she will for sure show that with Moonlight Sonata, even if she makes mistakes.