App that lets fans judge along! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

App that lets fans judge along!

gkelly

Record Breaker
I think it is a good idea to eliminate 1/3 of the highest and 1/3 of the lowest marks for GOE and PCS and take an average of only 1/3 marks of the total sample (or even less) for the skaters result. That way people who are judging will try to be more 'objective' maybe, knowing that their marks wouldn't count otherwise.

If you eliminate scores element by element and component by component, as is the case for judges now, then people who make an occasional mistake or are off (for whatever reason) in their perceptions of one skater would still have most of their marks count.

Of course, if you drop as many as top 1/3 and bottom 1/3, then fans who are scoring honestly but in a lower (or higher) range than the rest of the group would get most of their scores dropped.

Most likely for someone who is consistently low on PCS. If you're mainly doing this for GP and senior championships, there won't be much room at the top to be consistently on the high side.

jccool5000

Rinkside
If you eliminate scores element by element and component by component, as is the case for judges now, then people who make an occasional mistake or are off (for whatever reason) in their perceptions of one skater would still have most of their marks count.

Of course, if you drop as many as top 1/3 and bottom 1/3, then fans who are scoring honestly but in a lower (or higher) range than the rest of the group would get most of their scores dropped.

Most likely for someone who is consistently low on PCS. If you're mainly doing this for GP and senior championships, there won't be much room at the top to be consistently on the high side.

That’s why I wanted to do the idea of certification. It you could also compare results of those who are certified and those who aren’t.

crazydreamer

On the Ice
I’ve been dying for an app or program that allows judging in real time. I assumed something like it might exist in Japan or South Korea or Russia, but skating is not popular enough here in the US.