Are U paying attention to Regionals? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Are U paying attention to Regionals?

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Yes I will be going. An all events ticket is $35. This should get you into practices and events (I think). Their website explains it all.

Dave- if I see you there I'll say hello.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
2005 Pacific Coast Championships started today. I spent about 4 hours today watching the competition. I got to see the Novice Pairs, Novice Men & Jr Ladies short programs. I thought all of the competitors did great, not many falls and very good choreographed programs. A novice skater by the named of Richard Dornbush caught my attention.

For those of you that live in Southern CA, especially in the San Diego area I would recommend that you try and catch some of the competition. There are also some famous skaters that are there as coaches. I saw Peter Oppegard, Karen Kwan Oppegard, Todd Sand, Jenni Meno, Doug Ladret, & Sergei Ponomarenko. I know there were more but I didn't want to go chase them down :p

If anyone would like me to list Fri & Sat competitions let me know.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
dlkksk8fan said:
2005 Pacific Coast Championships started today. I spent about 4 hours today watching the competition. I got to see the Novice Pairs, Novice Men & Jr Ladies short programs. I thought all of the competitors did great, not many falls and very good choreographed programs. A novice skater by the named of Richard Dornbush caught my attention.

Thanks very much for your report, which I've quoted and used as a springboard to a new thread topic for Pacific Coast Sectionals in the Events forum at:
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7262

Would it be possible for people to post any and all further news/reports/discussion there?

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Would it be possible for people to post any and all further news/reports/discussion there?
Thanks Sylvia for posting a new thread. I'll make sure to post at the new thread.

sk8m8

Final Flight
for those of you that don't know....

http://www.frogsonice.com/skateweb

is a page that carries links to most of the competitions including both American and Canadian Reg. & Sec. comps. Sometimes they have good articles there too and links to a lot of skaters webpages.