Artur Gachinski | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Artur Gachinski

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
More impressions from the summer camp in Voronezh. Looks like everyone is having a really good time while learning new elements!

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Artur looking pensive behind the boards at 2021 Russian Junior test skates. His student Semion Soloviov delivered rather mixed performances. A nearly clean and engaging skate in his SP to "The Time of My Life", but multiple falls and pops in his FS, which he kept from last season. Then again, he attempted 4T and two 3As, so the jump content is coming along nicely. Hopefully they'll still give him a JGP spot, and if not, he'll just have to shine at the Russian Junior Cup. Go Semion, go coach Artur! :cheer:

1628184884314.jpeg

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
From Junior test skates in Novogorsk (interview auto-translated):

1628432119607.png

We came to Novogorsk for the test rentals with Semion Soloviov and Gleb Lutfullin. Literally on the eve of our departure from St. Petersburg, Gleb returned from the gathering of Alexei Nikolayevich Mishin's group from Tartu, and we immediately went to Novogorsk.
Gleb's programs did not change: short under "Black Earth", free - Gino Vanelli - "Mala Luna". In the free program, three quadruple jumps are planned, not counting the rest.

My student Semion Soloviov and I were preparing for the season in St. Petersburg and Voronezh. In St. Petersburg - on home ice, in Voronezh on a very good base, where normal conditions - an ice rink, a hotel, everything is nearby.
We changed the short program of Semion, put a new one to the music from the film "Dirty Dancing". The program is interesting, but it needs to be refined, "danced", add drive. Arbitrary left. The task for the season is to insert and roll it with a quadruple toeloop. So far. Then we will go on increasing.

Semion has grown a lot over these months. Since the end of quarantine, he has added about 25 centimetres, so it is still difficult to jump. To stabilize the elements, we do a lot of leading exercises, some simple things. We talk a lot, because he has to get used to the fact that his legs and arms have become longer, you need to adapt to this. All these moments are better to pronounce and select slightly different movements for the execution of elements, more amplitude, so that the athlete can adapt. Everyone goes through this, you just have to go through this period and continue to work, - said coach Artur Gachinski.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Happy birthday to Artur! 🍾🎂💐

He first caught my eye as a little boy in a German/French documentary about the St. Petersburg figure skating school of Professor Mishin. I still have all five parts of that documentary archived, though the quality is quite bad (it is nearly 20 years old), and for a long time I wanted to create some subtitles and upload the whole thing on youtube. Well, turns out that doing subs is a lot of work, so I abandoned the project.
But I took this special occasion to get over my natural laziness and do the subs at least for all of Artur's scenes. I kept some of the introductory scenes and pieces in between in order to give the story some coherency. So here is the "Artur cut" of the Ice Fever documentary from 2004 (uploaded in two parts, since youtube doesn't allow me to have vids longer than 15 minutes).
Be aware though, cuteness levels might go through the roof. :biggrin:

Ice Fever - Artur's Scenes - Part 1:

Ice Fever - Artur's Scenes - Part 2:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Happy Birthday to dear Artur!! 🥳🎂🎈

So looking forward to seeing him behind the boards for years to come! One day he'll have an old man driving hat of his own 🤗

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
So happy for Artur and his student Semion Soloviov, who just won a bronze medal in the Junior men's competition in the CoR stage in Sochi! :cheer: :cheer2:
4T and 3A in the same program still give Semion some trouble, but he has grown so much during the off-season, it probably just takes time to adjust (he looks taller than Artur now even without skates 🙀). One day soon he'll own both jumps again!
Sadly, they didn't stream the victory ceremony, but here is Semion's SP, and here is his FS. As usual, coach Artur is giving us all the commentary in the Kiss&Cry. 🥰😆

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Arghh, the news this season just keep getting worse and worse: https://rsport.ria.ru/20220126/operatsiya-1769658626.html
Poor Artur, speedy and full recovery to him! 💐

I wonder how he even managed to skate in Navka's New Years shows. He played one of the main roles opposite Alina Zagitova in the musical The Scarlet Flower (show from 07.01.2022: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfFuLCf27jA).
And who is taking care of his skaters now? I guess at least Soloviov and Sergienko should prepare for the junior Russian Cup Final?