Asada v. Tuktamysheva: 2015-16 | Page 26 | Golden Skate

Asada v. Tuktamysheva: 2015-16

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Obsessive love is just as bad as obsessive hate, IMO.

Back on topic-looking forwards to see if Tukt can pull off her 3A tmrw. Her programs are essentially a jump exhibition.

Last edited:

yhmafan

Medalist
Obsessive love is just as bad as obsessive hate, IMO.

Back on topic-looking forwards to see if Tukt can pull off her 3A tmrw. Her programs are essentially a jump exhibition.

At least, no one is “obsessive” in this, except him/her. IMO

yuzushenko

On the Ice
is there a thread similar to this but with gracie and ashley in the mix as well? i just don't see much promise from liza and to be completely honest, mao lacks transitions and some expression. with liza's horrendous choreography and unfit jumps, i dont see her doing well. but i dont think mao's empty programs are that special either, and her jumps aren't always round.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Mao and Liza are the last two WCs, while Ashley and Gracie have never medaled at Worlds. They need to step it up in big events to be part of the conversation.

mrrice

Record Breaker
:scratch2: She did it last year when Mao wasn't there.

Sandpiper, Exactly!! Uh maybe Mao was motivated by her Country Woman Midori Ito who landed the jump long before she was ever born. Who's to say Liza's not copying Tonya Harding. Liza has a very "Jersey Shore" vibe about her that I love and Tonya skated to ZZ Top. So, Tuk could certainly be motivated by Tonya. One last thing.....Who cares?????

I'm outta here......:bed:

Good luck and great skating to all!!!

Last edited:

Ophelia

Record Breaker
is there a thread similar to this but with gracie and ashley in the mix as well? i just don't see much promise from liza and to be completely honest, mao lacks transitions and some expression. with liza's horrendous choreography and unfit jumps, i dont see her doing well. but i dont think mao's empty programs are that special either, and her jumps aren't always round.

Uh, if Tukts jumps are unfit, then no ones jumps are fit. Asada has a lot of transitions. Idk what you're watching.

yuzushenko

On the Ice
Uh, if Tukts jumps are unfit, then no ones jumps are fit. Asada has a lot of transitions. Idk what you're watching.

The first half of Mao's programs this season are full of crossovers to set up jumps. She's great during the Step sequences but lol. Go watch Mao and then watch Rika Hongo or something. Much more transitions! You can see Mao planting a jump from the other side of the rink. Full of crossovers, then probably a mohawk. There's just not much substance.

Tukt's jumps were great last season, until Worlds where she got sloppy because she pretty much knew she could win with just the 3A. step outs, hand downs, ect. I call her jumps unfit because she probably isn't in shape right now to the level she was last season where she could easily land her jumps without problem. once she gets mentally or physically fit again im sure she'll do fine but the way she's looking now shouldn't be considered world quality.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
For some reason I feel Mao's 3A is better than ever before this season, especially the flow coming out from the 3A. While I think Liza's 3A was better last season compared with Mao's a season before, her 3A has a heavier landing than Mao's. But Liza's other jumps are definitely better. I am not sold by either of their LP this season though.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
The first half of Mao's programs this season are full of crossovers to set up jumps. She's great during the Step sequences but lol. Go watch Mao and then watch Rika Hongo or something. Much more transitions! You can see Mao planting a jump from the other side of the rink. Full of crossovers, then probably a mohawk. There's just not much substance.

Tukt's jumps were great last season, until Worlds where she got sloppy because she pretty much knew she could win with just the 3A. step outs, hand downs, ect. I call her jumps unfit because she probably isn't in shape right now to the level she was last season where she could easily land her jumps without problem. once she gets mentally or physically fit again im sure she'll do fine but the way she's looking now shouldn't be considered world quality.

Mai's programs, especially th me free skate, don't need to be crammed full of transitions. If a skater has great basic skating/skating skill l, I don't need transition after transition because I can just focus on the quality of skating, the flow, the lightness and ease, etc. Her programs aren't completely empty, and the free skate is a good balance of everything.

nocturnalis

Medalist
It still looks better than Liza's. 5 seconds before she pretty much says "Everyone stop! I'm getting ready to do a 3A." Mao's is actually integrated into the program. Of course, in order for Liza's to be integrated into a program she'd first have to have a program.

This harsh truth tho...

TheCzar

On the Ice
Obviously you didn't understand what I was trying to say. :p

I can find plenty of good things about Mao's skating. Other posters talk about that all the time here so that is not my job. I am here to point out the things which apparently lots of posters (and judges) don't notice and the things which are wrong with the judging and the critcial things about Mao's skater. Labeling me as a hater because of that only shows that I have hit a nerve and that I'm right and doing the right thing.

People aren't labelling you as a hater because you have your criticisms. Everybody does. It's on here all the time. The difference is that from what you have said- it is your job to slate everything else she does because as you have pointed out, there is a lot of love for Mao. I mean as a 'critic' you can't even get your job right because you are too partial. After all it's 'not your job' to point out the good things. You're no more than a poor man's forum Phil Hersh looking to ruffle feathers for no reason.

moriel

Record Breaker

Also, you should have watched Tukt at Worlds
She didn't got sloppy because she knew she could win no problem. She was just plain tired after participating in like 10 competitions that season and the 3A pressue.

minze

Medalist
:scratch2: She did it last year when Mao wasn't there.

I am talking about the legacy of the jump in general. How many women did it? You clearly don't need it to win right, but keeping the jump and its legacy. Mao did that, even when it failed, even when people told her to take it out.

minze

Medalist
Sandpiper, Exactly!! Uh maybe Mao was motivated by her Country Woman Midori Ito who landed the jump long before she was ever born. Who's to say Liza's not copying Tonya Harding. Liza has a very "Jersey Shore" vibe about her that I love and Tonya skated to ZZ Top. So, Tuk could certainly be motivated by Tonya. One last thing.....Who cares?????

I'm outta here......:bed:

Good luck and great skating to all!!!
Well obviously people care otherwise people wouldn't be discussing and comparing 3A

David21

On the Ice
Actually, Slutskaya's done plenty of massively underrotated 3-3Lo combinations, many landed completely forward. Witness, especially, the 3Lz-3Lo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxFjlJpi5MY

When she did them in later years under the new judging system, most of them were ratified, and correctly.

People aren't labelling you as a hater because you have your criticisms. Everybody does. It's on here all the time. The difference is that from what you have said- it is your job to slate everything else she does because as you have pointed out, there is a lot of love for Mao. I mean as a 'critic' you can't even get your job right because you are too partial. After all it's 'not your job' to point out the good things. You're no more than a poor man's forum Phil Hersh looking to ruffle feathers for no reason.

It's not you to decide if I'm "too partial" or not. At least you don't say that while having a Mao pic in your avatar so I will take your post at least half-seriously.
And btw, I'm not going to reply anymore to posts like the one above. Everyone can reply to me when (s)he has something relevant to say about the contents of my post which is about figure skating. Clowns who tell me that I'm a hater because I dare to say that I disagree with Asada's scores will be completely ignored from now on.

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
When she did them in later years under the new judging system, most of them were ratified, and correctly.

It's not you to decide if I'm "too partial" or not. Att least you don't say that while having a Mao pic in your avatar so I will take your post at least half-seriously.
And btw, I'm not going to reply anymore to posts like the one above. Everyone can reply to me when (s)he has something relevant to say about the contents of my post which is about figure skating. Clowns who tell me that I'm a hater because I dare to say that I disagree with Asada's scores will be completely ignored from now on.

avatars still exist?:eek:. I can't see it in my laptop, ipad or phone, someone knows why?

moriel

Record Breaker
OFF - dunno, but you got a Mao pic right under the username and "Medalist"
Maybe staff could help as it sounds like a bug