Ashley Wagner | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Ashley Wagner

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow! How about our girl! Woooo-hoooo :cheer: Way to start your season.

What I noticed is that right away, before she turned her face to the arena to skate into position, she was in character. It seemed right away like an auspicious beginning.

And was it ever! I am over the moon for Ashley. :love::love:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Wow! How about our girl! Woooo-hoooo :cheer: Way to start your season.

What I noticed is that right away, before she turned her face to the arena to skate into position, she was in character. It seemed right away like an auspicious beginning.

And was it ever! I am over the moon for Ashley. :love::love:

Me too! I really respect her more than almost any skater out there- she is a true fighter and this is honestly the best she's ever looked! I am so happy for her!

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Me too! I really respect her more than almost any skater out there- she is a true fighter and this is honestly the best she's ever looked! I am so happy for her!

Bet you're glad I got you to adopt Ashley now, huh? ;)

Elaine

On the Ice
Way to go Ashley!!! A warm welcome to the 70+ Short program club :cheer:

Now it's time to join the 130+ Free program club!
It doesn't need to be tomorrow since it is only the beginning of the season, but I really hope she can break 130 for LP this season.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Never thought anyone could make me like a program with "speaking" :unsure: in it. But, well, it's Ashley. It suits her perfectly, and she just performs it so, so well.

Now it's time to join the 130+ Free program club!
It doesn't need to be tomorrow since it is only the beginning of the season, but I really hope she can break 130 for LP this season.
That's a good point. I thought she'd done everything she needed to with Moulin Rouge... but her best performance came at Nationals. It would be pretty cool to see her break 130 internationally with the program.

winky97

Medalist
Way to go for her! I have a bet against a friend of mine about Ashley and she is proving me right

leolion11

On the Ice
ASHLEY :cheer:
I'm so glad she's done well it'll really prove her detractors wrong. Please do well for the long program tomorrow!!

Pika

Final Flight
I'm thrilled for Ashley ! This girl is on FIRE ! Every year she's buried by the haters, and every year she comes back stronger ! 7pts ahead, she can skate her Moulin Rouge with no pressure, and perform it as ever, Go Ash !!

Eclair

Medalist
Congratuations Ashley! Even though she is the reigning national champion she didn't get to skate at SA, but she proved all the critics and haters wrong! She's better than ever, both technically and presentation-wise! Go Ashley! I've been rooting for her since 2011 and I knew she had it in her:clap:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Congratulations Ashley! New look seems more her style... Look forward to her FS

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley was amazing - even with some small errors she put together two relatively clean programs at an international event. Happy to see her win here and on a shallow note, I like her new costumes, both are flattering and fit the programs. (I did not care for her Spartacus costume last year and was getting tired of the red dress from MR).

Glad she finally passed 200 points too, which will help get her into contention for a world medal in Boston!

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I knew it! I knew she got the idea for Hip Hip Chin Chin from Stars on Ice, it was a fun routine but I like her SP a lot. Congrats to her for breaking 70/130/200 too, she favourited my tweet about it!