Ashley Wagner's Music for Olympic Season | Golden Skate

Ashley Wagner's Music for Olympic Season

RobinBond

Rinkside
This comes from an article written by Christine Brennan:

"Wagner said she already has chosen her music for her Olympic year programs. For the short program, she’s returning to what helped her win the world silver medal last year — the upbeat Hip Hip Chin Chin — and for her long program, it’s La La Land."

The article is about the U.S. team's outlook for the Olympics. Here is the URL for the article:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-ashley-wagner-disappointing-worlds/99954102/

Last edited:

SkaterX

On the Ice
I'm so excited to see Hip Hip Chin Chin again but I hope she rethinks La La Land.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
UHmm I am not a fan of skaters reuse their programs, but I understand where she is coming from. That was a signature program for her and can really separate her from the youngsters.

Lala land may be fun, depends on how the music structure is to be edited. I want an uplifting melancholy emotional roller coaster ride in the FS. 3 chapters arc will do just like the movies and end on a poignant note for her goodbyes. Heck, might as well make it biographical, with Adam doing the other half of Lala land in his FS. Now, that's how you sell a ticket. And then at the Gala, they can do a duet version:biggrin: (This ensures a higher chance of both of them get invited to skate gala irrespective if they podium. 2 birds with 1 stone.)

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Seems a bit weak to go back to a program from just last season but whatever. :eek:hwell:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Well, it worked for Sale and Pelletier. :confused2:

Plus Ashley's Hip Hip Chin Chin was one of my favourite programs last season, so I can't say I'm dissapointed.

evasorange

Final Flight
I think la la land will work wonders for Ashley...IF she uses the score only. Or very minimal of the voices of Ryan and Emma. Their paper thin voices really distract from how wonderful and magical that score really is. Go listen to the track "epilogue" from the original soundtrack starting at 4:33 OMG I can just see Ashley doing a magnificent emotional step sequence that could move the entire audience...I'm so excited to see what she'll come up with!! As for hip hop I saw it irl at worlds last year and it was truly amazing. It stood apart from all the other programs and it seemed like the work of a confident in control adult. Which is getting rarer and rarer in ladies figure skating...

aa456

On the Ice
I just knew she would go back to HHCC! IMO a much better program than the current one.
Good call

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I don't see her making La La Land a great program. That music is overrated to begin with.

liv

Record Breaker
If you skate to something you love, that often shines through in the performance.... and we've known for a while she loves lalaland. I havent heard the music (didnt see the movie) , so I have no opinion on it.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I think it's an especially bad idea for a singles skater to take on La La Land. Dance or Pairs are much more suited to it.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm not thrilled about the news that she will reuse her Hip Hip Chin Chin which already reached to its full potential. Besides, the SD next season will be Latin patterns, so the music is likely to be used a lot.

meem

On the Ice
Here's another "Yesssss" for Hip Hip Chin Chin. I was just thinking of that music while watching Ashley skate her SP, wishing she'd used it again (or something like it) instead of the banal Sweet Dreams. Don't know anything about La La Land other than the previews I saw (which convinced me not to see it). Ashley needs another Show Must Go On-type number for her LP, something BIG.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, it's nice to be able to schedule my bathroom breaks so far in advance.

HHCC was innovative and fun, the first time around. The second go-round will be tired.

The less said about La La, the better.

If this is her Olympic plan, I'm rooting for three other people.

lyverbird1

Final Flight
Hip Hip Chin Chin - YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I think it's an especially bad idea for a singles skater to take on La La Land. Dance or Pairs are much more suited to it.

I don't necessarily agree with the first part of the sentence, but definitely with the rest : I already said that Cappellini/Lanotte should skate to La La Land for the free it would be niceeeeee :agree:

Sam L

Medalist
I suggested La La Land music as figure skating music but I think it would be better for ice dance or exhibition.