Ashley Wagner's Music for Olympic Season | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ashley Wagner's Music for Olympic Season

princessalica

Final Flight
I don't remember anyone skating to the musical Aida, but I think that the right cutting could be beautiful for her. She could portray Aida for Amneris.

temadd

Final Flight
Honestly I don't think it matters what she skates to as long as it it inspires her. What really matters is clean jumps and level 4 spins. Look at Evegenia. I found this season's music choice inappropriate and she used the exact same choreo as last season.

Shoot me if you want but please no opera vocals!

Last edited:

Tilerti

Spectator
I still expect her to end up choosing LaLa Land. I suspect that her immediate identification with the lead character and the story will end up being important to her ability to deliver performances amidst all of the Olympic season pressures. No regrets season coming up.

Sam L

Medalist
The Audition song isn't good for Figure Skating. Someone in the crowd would suit her mixed with parts of City of Stars in the middle would be best.

Tex

On the Ice
Just about every time I listen to the Bombshell soundtrack from the TV show Smash, I can envision Ashley skating to "Let Me Be Your Star," "They Just Keep Moving the Line," and "Don't Forget Me."

rosy14

Final Flight
Just about every time I listen to the Bombshell soundtrack from the TV show Smash, I can envision Ashley skating to "Let Me Be Your Star," "They Just Keep Moving the Line," and "Don't Forget Me."

Are they broadcasting a new season ?We in Italy had the two first seasons, and then ...stop. I liked Smash a lot.

Perfume

Match Penalty
Do we have any other ladies using La La La Land soundtrack? Or Wagner is the only single lady to use it now?

Amei

Record Breaker
I think Ashley is in dangerous territory with La La Land. The themes, and the music is a bit too similar to Moulin Rouge -- its gonna look like she's trying to recreate the magic of Moulin Rouge. It will be a B-version of Moulin Rouge and make her look one-note.

I think something classical would've been good for her -- La Boheme or La Bayadere perhaps.

I've always thought that Ashley is a fairly 1-note skater - she does sassy themed programs well, outside of that not so much.