Australian figure skaters | Page 109 | Golden Skate

Australian figure skaters

GrandmaCC

On the Ice
OMG! This is awesome news! I was just wondering if they were still going to show it...I mean I watch the streams, but there's nothing like watching skating in hi-def!

Of course...this means I have to clear my PVR from all the skating I recorded last year. :laugh:

No way!!! Omggg another win for SBS!!! I find it so ironic how we have “One” specifically dedicated to sports yet still have virtually nothing on there other than motor sport or boxing movies *rolls eyes*
SBS does a way better job of covering sports IMHO, sure they have events squeezed in between random weird stuff but hey, it’s better than nothing!

Do we know who will be broadcasting the Olympic Games?

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
No way!!! Omggg another win for SBS!!! I find it so ironic how we have “One” specifically dedicated to sports yet still have virtually nothing on there other than motor sport or boxing movies *rolls eyes*

Hey now, One sometimes has MacGuyver on it ;)

SBS does a way better job of covering sports IMHO, sure they have events squeezed in between random weird stuff but hey, it’s better than nothing!

:laugh: Well when it first came on TV everyone used to say SBS stood for S*x Between Sports so I'm kinda used to weird stuff!

Do we know who will be broadcasting the Olympic Games?

Channel Seven got it back, so they'll be doing it, I imagine they'll have a lot of the same commentators? I dunno. I hope that Roy and HG pop up, those guys are hilarious!

GrandmaCC

On the Ice
Hey now, One sometimes has MacGuyver on it ;)

:laugh: Well when it first came on TV everyone used to say SBS stood for S*x Between Sports so I'm kinda used to weird stuff!

Channel Seven got it back, so they'll be doing it, I imagine they'll have a lot of the same commentators? I dunno. I hope that Roy and HG pop up, those guys are hilarious!

Haha I know, I see it at the gym sometimes - always makes me think of The Simpson’s!
I just hope they’ll pull out some sporting footage before resorting to Matlock! ;p

Ohhhh did my year 11 class ever cop a dose of weird s*t thanks to SBS back in the day! Our teacher enthusiastically recommended that we watch some foreign film, on at like 9pm on a weeknight, without realising that it was proceeded by one of those R rated short filmettes. 😂 without going into detail, let’s just say that it involved an, um, *unusual* use of ice 😂 so I might just be double checking the TV guide to make sure it is actual skating that I’m about to watch!! *scarred for life*

That’s good, they managed to show quite a bit last time if memory serves! Roy & HG are brilliant!! I forgot about their segment, I hope they do get their recap slot again!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just saw on her Facebook profile that Polina Korobeynikova is in Brisbane at the moment, presumably for a show. And she has posted some beautiful photos from a koala sanctuary.

Unfortunately, she has them set to private. She did post the group photo to Instagram, but for some reason it is coming up with an error message.

HOWEVER, Roxanne Rheault has posted an album containing the group photo, as well as a beautiful photo of herself, over on her Instagram page:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbgGamsBrHP/

Just wish the one of Polina holding the koala was there too. :disapp:

Anyway, I just thought you would be interested to know that they are in the country.

CaroLiza_fan

GF2445

Record Breaker
Well Done Chantelle and Andrew. Some mistakes, but they were really performing out there.
About 5 points short on the technical minimum score.

Kim and Tim- nice work.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well Done Chantelle and Andrew. Some mistakes, but they were really performing out there.
About 5 points short on the technical minimum score.

Kim and Tim- nice work.

Only two dance teams got level 3 Rhumba - everyone else was lower. The Poles were one, and Chantelle and Andrew were the other, with TYY on the keypoints. Very good.

I thought Kim and Tim got harshed a bit by the judges. Their Partial was quite good. Or I thought so anyway!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just posting a wee note here to let you know that I am going to be including the Australian Championships in the Nationals Predictions Game again this year (albeit as a "just for fun" Non-Scoring Round).

I've already seen the timetable on this page, so I know that there is over a week until the Senior competitions start.

But, could somebody let me know when the Entry lists come out?

Thank you

CaroLiza_fan

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Entry lists are already out, CaroLiza_fan. You can find them here

I feel a caveat may be required. There's no chance Katia and Harley will be there because of the clash with the JGPF, and if Matilda and William are there I'll eat something inedible, considering what happened to his ankle.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

I feel a caveat may be required. There's no chance Katia and Harley will be there because of the clash with the JGPF, and if Matilda and William are there I'll eat something inedible, considering what happened to his ankle.

Thank you karne! :bow: :cheer: :clap: :points:

I had a feeling they might be out already, but that I just couldn't find them because I was looking in the wrong place. Because that is exactly what happened with the British Championships.

And thank you for the updates. I'll put a wee note about that in the OP when I start the Predictions Thread.

I had to put a wee note in the OP for the British thread as well, because they had paired Robynn Tweedale up with the wrong Buckland brother... :rolleye:

Thank you again.

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I just got around to uploading some photos I took of Brendan and James at Lombardia Trophy, back in September.

Brendan

James

I hope they are of interest...

mikeko666

Final Flight

Brooklee is not in the list. What happened?

notunprepared

On the Ice
Are the national championships going to be recorded at all? I'm going to assume they won't be on TV, but will there be a stream or recording or something?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Brooklee is not in the list. What happened?

I don't know. Hoping it was a typo that will soon be fixed. I will be very sad if she is injured.

Are the national championships going to be recorded at all? I'm going to assume they won't be on TV, but will there be a stream or recording or something?

Sadly, I haven't heard anything about a stream or broadcast. I understand volunteer manpower is tight as always, but I do think they're missing a trick here.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I don't know. Hoping it was a typo that will soon be fixed. I will be very sad if she is injured.

Sadly, I haven't heard anything about a stream or broadcast. I understand volunteer manpower is tight as always, but I do think they're missing a trick here.

If anyome is goimg, may you please film.
Not fussed if its on a phone nor the video quality.
Will be very thankful.