Bad Hospital experience for my Grandmother | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Bad Hospital experience for my Grandmother

JOHIO2

Medalist
Ptichka,

Although I always tell the medical people I don't like them well enough to stay there and I have had some really bad experiences (let's just say I was "an interesting case"), it surprises me how well our medical system can actually work. I know I would have been long gone from this world without them.

Here's hoping your grandmother's surgery goes well and she has many more years to enjoy. I think this whole episode must have been doubly hard on her, knowing all too well what could go wrong. And she wasn't able to express her concerns because of the language difficulties. This time has got to be better for her.

bronxgirl

Medalist
As a physician, the best payment I ever received was a simple Thank You from a patient or patient's family member. It really was the little things that kept me going.

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Bad Hospital experience

My mom had a bad hospital experience,too, about 1-2 years ago. It was a hospital in Seattle, Washington. She went in for surgery-she told them she couldn't have Morphine because it makes her sick. I, of course, stayed with her the whole time,noticed she is really out of it & getting sick. I looked at her chart and it said Morphine! I told the nurses that she was getting sick & needed a bed pan. A little one, would have been nice & comfortable for my mom, but they gave her this humungous one! Before that, it was like, "Excuse me, did you hear me? My mom is getting sick!!" They weren't even checking on her as often as they should have, I think also. I said to the doctor, when he came in, "You gave my mom Morphine when she said she couldn't have it!" She eventually had to be moved to another area with other nurses. That all made me so angry!:mad: