Baram and Tioumentsev part ways | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Baram and Tioumentsev part ways

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
I was privileged to be there in person to see Baram / Tioumentsev win Junior Worlds, truly grace under fire. Sad to see them go, but they both have so much talent to build on, in the skating world or out of it.

Just wanted to point out a few more teams that were/would be affected by the age rule change:

The Loewenherz sibs (GER) - he would age out in 2025-26, she isn't senior age-eligible until 2026-27.

Homick / Haubrich (CAN) - under the old rules, they would have been senior age-eligible internationally last season (they competed senior domestically). Now they are in age-eligibility limbo (news article 1, news article 2). They were unlikely to get a senior international last season, but were a team that could have benefitted from another year or two in juniors, had the age exception been in place last season. (Not sure of their current status, as they haven't yet appeared on the roster for any summer competitions.)

Rico Rex also mentioned a French and an Italian team being affected, but didn't give names.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really thought after being given another year to compete on the JGP they would have stuck it out for another year.