Todd Sand recovering after heart attack in Calgary | Golden Skate

Todd Sand recovering after heart attack in Calgary

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Press Release from USFS on Mar 2, 2023:

"Olympic and World pairs coach Todd Sand has been hospitalized after suffering a heart attack early Thursday morning in Calgary, Alberta. Sand, a two-time Olympian, and his wife, Jenni Meno, are the coaching team of Sonia Baram and Daniel Tioumentsev, who will compete later today at the ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships 2023 at WinSport Event Centre in Calgary."

Sending prayer to him and his family!!

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I'm praying so much for Todd's safety, healing, and recovery. This news comes as a huge shock. He's 59, so hopefully the doctors are able to help him recover. Since it only happened earlier today, there aren't many details available yet. My heart and prayers go out to Todd, to Jenni and their two sons, and to their relatives, students, and their entire skating family. 🙏 A special heartfelt prayer for strength for Sonia & Daniel if they still plan to skate their fp this evening. Hopefully, they will soon hear that Todd is out of danger and recovering! 💗 I hope Jenni has reached the hospital by now and things are going well. 🤞

"Figure skating coach Todd Sand suffers heart attack in Canada – Daily News" https://www.dailynews.com/2023/03/0...todd-sand-suffers-heart-attack-in-canada/amp/

Weathergal

Medalist
I sincerely hope he's OK and will recover well and soon! Caring thoughts going to his family, his friends, and his skaters. I respect Sonia and Daniel's decision to continue or not to continue in the competition and wish them well on whatever path they choose. I'm sure that the skating world will band together and a coach or official will step up to help them/put them on the ice, etc. should they choose to continue in the competition.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I wonder if it was just angina. But since little details are available it might be serious. Wishing him health and care for his family. My high school class president died of a heart attack in 2020 at 48. And was fit and healthy. You just never know.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Jenni and Todd are still one of my all time favorite pairs. I was so saddened to hear the news of his heart attack. Hoping he will be okay and will recover well. My prayers to the whole family as well as all their skaters - especially Sonia and Daniel here.