Beatlemania | Golden Skate

Beatlemania

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Saturday, Feb 7th marks the 40th anniversary of the Beatles arrival to North America and the beginning of the British rock invaison!

Still the best group of all time and my favorite group.

Did you know: The song "Yesterday" - (which is also one my favorite songs and became my main crying song after my divorce - can still reduce me to tears) is the most played song of all time on the radio!

The Beatles had 17 #one hits!

"I Want To Hold Your Hand" is still a hot seller!

http://www.geocities.com/~beatleboy1/jfk2.jpg

The Beatles Forever!!

http://www.geocities.com/~beatleboy1/c77.jpg

Bijoux

Match Penalty
great pictures Ladskater!

40 years since the invasion! If I had to pick best group in my lifetime, I would have to say these guys. I still have my beatle scrapbook somewhere. My heart was broken a second time when Paul chose Heather over me. He's still gorgeous!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I remember it well. My cousin and I traveled to San Francisco the summer of 1963 and saw the Beatles at the Cow Palace. This was before big screens, so if you sat in the back (which we did) the performers were nothing more than tiny matchsticks. They played for exactly 29 minutes.......a non-stop scream by thousands of pre-teen and teenage girls all but blotted out the music of these "Fab Four"........but, we got to see the Beatles. Also playing was a young up and coming group called The Righteous Brothers and an equally young Jackie DeShannon. What an experience.... I'll never forget........42

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
show 42:

Awesome experience!!! I was a "teeny bopper" when I saw them for the first time on tv - oops I am giving my age away! Would have loved to see the Fab four in concert, but my mom would not even let me buy their records!!!!! She said "they will never last!" I still love to tease her about that one.:laugh: