Best elements Pairs 2016/2017 | Golden Skate

Best elements Pairs 2016/2017

QuadThrow

Medalist
Here is a list of the best pairs´ elements from the main competitions (Grand prix and ISU Championships) this season:

3Tw4 8,70 (maximum score) Tarasova/Morozov (several times)
3Tw4 8,70 (maximum score) Savchenko/Massot (worlds SP)
3Tw4 8,70 (maximum score) Yu/Zhang (Skate Canada FP)

4Tw3 10,46 (GOE +1,86) Sui/Han (worlds FP):thumbsup:

3T 6,00 (GOE +1,70) Tarasova/Morozov (worlds SP)

3S 5,80 (GOE +1,40) Savchenko/Massot (GdF SP)
5,80 (GOE +1,40) Tarasova/Morozov (euros FP)

3Lo 5,50 (GOE +0,40) Cain/Leduc (4CC SP)

3Lz 5,90 (GOE -0,10) Duhamel/Radford (Skate Canada SP)

3T+2T+2T 8,50 (GOE +1,60) James/Cipres (WTT FP):thumbsup:

3T+3T+1T 7,50 (GOE -1,50) Stolbova/Klimov (worlds FP)

2ATh 5,50 (GOE +1,50) Savchenko/Massot (euros FP)

3STh 6,60 (maximum score) Yu/Zhang (worlds FP)

3LoTh 7,10 (maximum score) Tarasova/Morozov (euros FP)

3FTh 7,60 (maximum Score) Sui/Han (worlds SP/FP) :eeking:

3ATh 7,41 (GOE -0,29) Savchenko/Massot (worlds FP)

4STh 7,63 (GOE -0,57) Duhamel/Radford (NHK FP)

4Li4 6,00 (maximum score) Sui/Han (worlds FP):luv17:

5RLi4 9,10 (GOE +1,60) Sui/Han (worlds FP)
5RLi4 9,10 (GOE +1,60) Savchenko/Massot (worlds FP)

5ALi4 9,60 (maximum score) Savchenko/Massot (worlds FP):hap36:

BiDs4/ 5,10 (GOE +1,60) Savchenko/Massot (worlds SP)
FiDs4/
FoDs4

BoDs4 5,90 (GOE +1,40) Sui/Han (worlds FP)
BoDs4 5,90 (GOE +1,40) Savchenko/Massot (euros FP)
BoDs4 5,90 (GOE +1,40) Duhamel/Radford (several times)
BoDs4 5,90 (GOE +1,40) Yu/Zhang (Skate Canada)

StSq 5,80 (GOE +1,90) Savchenko/Massot (worlds SP):dance2:

FCCoSp4/ 4,93 (GOE +1,43) Savchenko/Massot (worlds FP):clap:
CCoSp4

PCoSp4 5,50 (GOE +1,00) Savchenko/Massot (several times)
PCoSp4 5,50 (GOE +1,00) James/Cipres (several times)

ChSq1 4,00 (GOE +2,00) Savchenko/Massot (worlds FP)

Some thoughts:
Savchenko and Massot really get many points with their basic elements. This is what Aljona´s brilliance it about. But Sui and Han catch them with their throws.
The Russian pairs and the DS have never been big friends.
The ISU maybe need change the system for twist. Too many +3s.
I just love those statistics.

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I think Stolbova/Klimov 3T-3T-1T from Worlds FS should be mentioned too. It was worth 7,5 points with negative GOE! (BV 9.00). It's fascinating how many elements got maximum GOE! It looks like quality is what wins medals, and I like that :)

And why 3Li4 are not included in the list? So many Pairs do them in FP...

Last edited:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Interesting that the best 3Lo SBS received -GOE. It's pretty rare element though. No one attempted SBS 3Flips!

That summary emphasises really well what teams are the best in :) I was impressed by superb quality of Savchenko / Massot lifts, steps,twists & spins so no wonder they top this list. I remember being surprised by their 150+ score in LP given not bewildering jump content at the Europeans but considering quality in those elements and math ... it gets more understandable. Other teams in the past often lagged or had room to grow in many of those less striking elements.

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Here is a list of the best pairs´ elements from the main competitions (Grand prix and ISU Championships) this season:

Some thoughts:
Savchenko and Massot really get many points with their basic elements. This is what Aljona´s brilliance it about. But Sui and Han can can catch them with the throws.
The Russian pairs and the DS have never been big friends.
The ISU maybe need change the system for twist. Too many +3s.
I just love those statistics.

Thanks, that's a very informative analysis. I'm so tempted to add clips related to each listed element, but that would take millions of time. :)

Moaray

Rinkside
Interesting that the best 3Lo SBS received -GOE. It's pretty rare element though. No one attempted SBS 3Flips!

That summary emphasises really well what teams are the best in :) I was impressed by superb quality of Savchenko / Massot lifts, steps,twists & spins so no wonder they top this list. I remember being surprised by their 150+ score in LP given not bewildering jump content at the Europeans but considering quality in those elements and math ... it gets more understandable. Other teams in the past often lagged or had room to grow in many of those less striking elements.

SEGUIN/BILODEAU has landed a successful sbs 3Lo in autumn classic 2016 with +0.98 GOE, I am sure they are the first couple to land a successful sbs 3Lo.

Weathergal

Medalist

SEGUIN/BILODEAU has landed a successful sbs 3Lo in autumn classic 2016 with +0.98 GOE, I am sure they are the first couple to land a successful sbs 3Lo.

Cain / LeDuc had a +1.30 GOE on their SBS 3Lo in their SP at 2017 US Nationals (but if Nationals not counted in these stats, it wouldn't apply, of course).

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

True :thumbsup: But I guess it's too hard to include all competitons on the list...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
True :thumbsup: But I guess it's too hard to include all competitons on the list...

I don't know ;) with such a specific element it should be relatively easy to find... but I didn't do the OP so I won't complain ;) perhaps it should be mentioned by the OP which competitions were taken because some people did perform better in their challengers than later on this season

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I don't know ;) with such a specific element it should be relatively easy to find... but I didn't do the OP so I won't complain ;) perhaps it should be mentioned by the OP which competitions were taken because some people did perform better in their challengers than later on this season

Actually, OP owner did state that statistics are from GP series and ISU Championships ;) I wouldn't mind if someone elaborate on Pairs elements, though, you know :biggrin:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Cain / LeDuc had a +1.30 GOE on their SBS 3Lo in their SP at 2017 US Nationals (but if Nationals not counted in these stats, it wouldn't apply, of course).

The 3Lo mention of A/R in the OP can easily be replaced with Cain / LeDuc's SBS 3Lo with 0.40 GOE at Four Continents as it was done in a major championship as the OP states. :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Actually, OP owner did state that statistics are from GP series and ISU Championships ;) I wouldn't mind if someone elaborate on Pairs elements, though, you know :biggrin:

LOL i didn't read because i jumped right away to the numbers... but yeah ;) fine... just GP... well as you and I know for instance, D/R had their best competition ever in the warm up event in Quebec city... and nope.. it wasn't overscored really, it was simply great skating...

same with B/S : they had their best outing at the beginning of the season before the GP....

and WTT is not an isu championship is it but it is included ... so yeah... I am confused.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
LOL i didn't read because i jumped right away to the numbers... but yeah ;) fine... just GP... well as you and I know for instance, D/R had their best competition ever in the warm up event in Quebec city... and nope.. it wasn't overscored really, it was simply great skating...

same with B/S : they had their best outing at the beginning of the season before the GP....

and WTT is not an isu championship is it but it is included ... so yeah... I am confused.

Lol, yeah. WTT shouldn't be included, it's NOT ISU Championiships... and it was overscored all over. Agree on that. I actually think inclusion of Challengers would be nice, but then, when you think of Talinn Trophy... :palmf: I just don't know. It's kind of sad, when skaters have their best performances at Challnegers....

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Lol, yeah. WTT shouldn't be included, it's NOT ISU Championiships... and it was overscored all over. Agree on that. I actually think inclusion of Challengers would be nice, but then, when you think of Talinn Trophy... :palmf: I just don't know. It's kind of sad, when skaters have their best performances at Challnegers....

indeed... what i find weird, is that S/B premiered the 3loops.. with success and then gone.... no more... perhaps it was hurting Charlie? I mean, Julianne has done all triples in singles for a long time so I don't think she is the one worried about the SBS.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Duhamel and Radford did a number of SBS 3flips in one of their earlier seasons together.

That sounds very intriguing. :) I wouldn't caught that because they were not on my radar until recently. Were those 3Fs mirrored like Krisiti and Rudy's?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
they of course not did it mirroring.... isn't it because Rudy and Kristi were opposite direction jumpers that they did that? not sure as I never followed them as a pair...

Meagan and Eric are always trying things... a couple years ago they were bringing the 3f-2t-2t back in their practice sessions.... however, it seems that Meagan may be lipping so I would guess they thought it would be safer to do 3t-2t-2t..

here is a clip https://www.instagram.com/p/1OeVBJKEJ-/

Weathergal

Medalist
The 3Lo mention of A/R in the OP can easily be replaced with Cain / LeDuc's SBS 3Lo with 0.40 GOE at Four Continents as it was done in a major championship as the OP states. :)

I changed it.

Thanks - my apologies I was fascinated and apparently a little dazed by all the numbers! I normally try to pay attention to any requests of the OP. Anyway thank you QuadThrow for all the number crunching. Very interesting indeed!