Best film on ice | Golden Skate

Best film on ice

shallwedansu

On the Ice
Your favorite movie that takes part on ice.

Here's a list of movies on ice I can think of right now:
Blades of Glory
The Cutting Edge
Cool Runnings
Mighty Ducks 1, 2, and 3
Miracle

If there are any others, please post them!

My pick: COOL RUNNINGS!
"Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time! COOL RUNNINGS!" :rock:

heyang

Record Breaker
On Edge

Ice Princess starring Katerina Witt
Ice Princess starring Michelle Trachtenberg

tristanj

Spectator
I'd pick the flick The Cutting Edge for sure as the best film that I've watched. I like that fiesty actress Moira Kelly, she is beautiful, fit and skates wonderfully.

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I liked "Sun Valley Serenade" even though I didn't quite see it first run. (This is a test to see if there is anyone else as old as I am reading this forum :eek:?)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Disney made a movie called "Ice Princess", I think that's the name.......cute.....42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yes it is Disney's Ice Princess... they show a clip of Sasha falling IIRC :rolleyes: and you have Boitano and Kwan doing commentary... which is kinda sad (and annoying) considering they sound like they don't know what they're talking about.

Antilles

Medalist
The Cutting Edge. I always liked that one. Moira Kelly and DB Sweeney were a great on-screen match-up.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I love Ice Castles and Cutting Edge.........I think they made either a remake of Cutting Edge or a continuing story about their daughter. Can't think of the title.....42

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I liked "Sun Valley Serenade" even though I didn't quite see it first run. (This is a test to see if there is anyone else as old as I am reading this forum :eek:?)

I can still remember hearing about her winning her last gold medal. Barely. I must have been seven. Liked her movies but they don't really have very good acting. They always had news shorts at the movies. We called them picture shows. That's when we heard about them. I think it cost a dime to go to the picture shows and when I was in my early teens, I think they were a quarter. It always cost more in a small town than in cities when I was young. Bet I'm older. :rofl: I will be 80 in April.

Toni said something about Michelle and Brian sounding dumb. I would think they were just told what to say by someone who knew nothing about skating, etc. So, you just said what you were paid to say.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
That was exactly my point. The whole movie was dumb, and hearing two very distinguished skaters gush through commentary that made no sense was annoying. I'm well aware they weren't really commentating... considering they were probably shot on a sound stage and not during any 'skating' shots.

heyang

Record Breaker
I love Ice Castles and Cutting Edge.........I think they made either a remake of Cutting Edge or a continuing story about their daughter. Can't think of the title.....42

LOL - Cutting Edge 2 was about Kate and Doug Dorsey's hockey player daughter who became a pairs skater.

In Cutting Edge 3: Going for Gold, Chrissy Romano reprised her role as the Dorsey's daughter, but played the coach to male skater who paired with a girl from the 'wrong side of the tracks'.