Blade advice - Keep or replace | Golden Skate

Blade advice - Keep or replace

SynchroMom314

Spectator
Hello (forum newbie here), my 12 yo daughter has been skating synchro for 3 years and will likely be starting on the juv team this summer. She skates freestyle a bit but isn’t competitive.

A few weeks ago, we bought a pair of boots that came with the Jackson ultima legacy blade. Her coach says she needs an ace blade or something similar. My husband is convinced at her level it doesn’t matter and that we should keep the blades we have. Our daughter says the toe pick is messing her up a little bit but she’s only been skating on them for a couple weeks. She skated on ace blades with her last pair.

Does the blade really matter for her level? Thoughts??

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hello (forum newbie here), my 12 yo daughter has been skating synchro for 3 years and will likely be starting on the juv team this summer. She skates freestyle a bit but isn’t competitive.

A few weeks ago, we bought a pair of boots that came with the Jackson ultima legacy blade. Her coach says she needs an ace blade or something similar. My husband is convinced at her level it doesn’t matter and that we should keep the blades we have. Our daughter says the toe pick is messing her up a little bit but she’s only been skating on them for a couple weeks. She skated on ace blades with her last pair.

Does the blade really matter for her level? Thoughts??
Actually if she is mostly synchro, you should look into the MK Dynasty blade for her. (It does work as a hybrid blade though and she can also train freestyle on it).

IceM

Spectator
The Legacy blade (wirh 7' rocker) is "similar" to the Coro Ace, but a tad flatter spin rocker which might cause the toe pick problems, but nothing that couldn't be adapted to fairly quickly. It's a fine blade suitable for some Freestyle as well as Synchro. The already suggested MK Dynasty is a good choice as well, but the tail on Legacy blades is not very long either. Coro Aces are not the best choice for Syncro, but not the worst either.

So, I wouldn't really go for the Ace. I would keep the Legacy and look for the Dynasty if the problems persist, or as the next blade.