To change or keep the Ultima Legacy Lite 8 on skates | Golden Skate

To change or keep the Ultima Legacy Lite 8 on skates

hope_skate

Rinkside
Country
Russia
As we all know, skates aren't cheap so whenever there's a chance to save some, we seize the opportunity. I happen to stumble upon very lightly used Edea Chorus fitted with the Ultima Legacy Lite 8 blade. The seller offered the option of just getting the boots/blades or both of them as a set. I wonder if I should keep the blades and get the set or spring for a new blade, preferably MK Professional or JW Coronation Ace. I am concerned about the rocker and the "Lite" label. Can anyone help with this?

Also concerned that since the boots have already been fitted with blades before, would removing the blade render the next fitting for the blades difficult/impossible?

For reference, I could save around 200-250USD for this compared to if I spring for a new boots+blades set.

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
I'd stay away from any kind of used footwear if I were you, so no, I'd never seize any opportunity to save any money on things such as footwear which must be fitted at a very personal level to each skater's foot. Either the shoes or blades in an used state, not matter how "lightly" already carry another skater's shape and 200-250 USD is such a small amount of money in skating world to attempt to save, and it may end up costing you way more in the end (having to buy yet another pair of skates because someone else's skates didn't fit after all, injury caused by wearing someone else's skates etc). Save in clothing, accessories, other things in personal life, not in footwear or coaching, in my humble opinion.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
As we all know, skates aren't cheap so whenever there's a chance to save some, we seize the opportunity. I happen to stumble upon very lightly used Edea Chorus fitted with the Ultima Legacy Lite 8 blade. The seller offered the option of just getting the boots/blades or both of them as a set. I wonder if I should keep the blades and get the set or spring for a new blade, preferably MK Professional or JW Coronation Ace. I am concerned about the rocker and the "Lite" label. Can anyone help with this?

Also concerned that since the boots have already been fitted with blades before, would removing the blade render the next fitting for the blades difficult/impossible?

For reference, I could save around 200-250USD for this compared to if I spring for a new boots+blades set.
I have so many questions here: First of all, what is your skating level, height/weight, foot shape? What boot/blade are you currently in?

For the most part, I wouldn't buy used boots/blades. But the questions I asked above will help me determine my answer to you further.

hope_skate

Rinkside
Country
Russia
I have so many questions here: First of all, what is your skating level, height/weight, foot shape? What boot/blade are you currently in?

For the most part, I wouldn't buy used boots/blades. But the questions I asked above will help me determine my answer to you further.
Beginner adult, started skating in December 2023. From my previous post, you recommended these skates and blades combo for me. I'm 155cm, 48kg, medium arch, Greek foot shape and low skating level. I'm starting individual lessons next week so also interested to hear what the instructor/coach would say. But, from what I gather, they may not be the best people as well as sometimes their recommendation can be a bit off. Currently in the Edea Wave with the Balance blade (they came as a set)

Thanks to your previous recommendation, I went to Twizzle in Moscow and got properly fitted and tried on the Chorus. The fitter was super nice and told me that my left foot slightly pronate and he offered the service of the shop to help install the blade properly if I ever return to make the purchase/get fitted. I didn't make the purchase on the spot to see if I could score some deals (sorry, PhD students on a scholarship so money is tight lol)

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Beginner adult, started skating in December 2023. From my previous post, you recommended these skates and blades combo for me. I'm 155cm, 48kg, medium arch, Greek foot shape and low skating level. I'm starting individual lessons next week so also interested to hear what the instructor/coach would say. But, from what I gather, they may not be the best people as well as sometimes their recommendation can be a bit off. Currently in the Edea Wave with the Balance blade (they came as a set)

Thanks to your previous recommendation, I went to Twizzle in Moscow and got properly fitted and tried on the Chorus. The fitter was super nice and told me that my left foot slightly pronate and he offered the service of the shop to help install the blade properly if I ever return to make the purchase/get fitted. I didn't make the purchase on the spot to see if I could score some deals (sorry, PhD students on a scholarship so money is tight lol)
Sorry, I sometimes lose track of people here due to being so busy and answering so many questions.
I stick by my previous boot/blade suggestions. Do not buy the used ones.

Good luck!

hope_skate

Rinkside
Country
Russia
Sorry, I sometimes lose track of people here due to being so busy and answering so many questions.
I stick by my previous boot/blade suggestions. Do not buy the used ones.

Good luck!
Thank you! I'll heed your advice and go to the fitter sometimes around next week. another question (albeit it may sounds stupid), would the colour (black vs. white) matter? some stores may not have the typical white colour in stock (sanctions etc. here). also, when I tried on the black one, the texture of the Edea Chorus seems different than the white one, and I kinda like it more. I know it's more typical for girls to get white, boys to get black so I wonder if there's any slight difference between the two besides just being in different colours and texture

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thank you! I'll heed your advice and go to the fitter sometimes around next week. another question (albeit it may sounds stupid), would the colour (black vs. white) matter? some stores may not have the typical white colour in stock (sanctions etc. here). also, when I tried on the black one, the texture of the Edea Chorus seems different than the white one, and I kinda like it more. I know it's more typical for girls to get white, boys to get black so I wonder if there's any slight difference between the two besides just being in different colours and texture
Yes, the stiffness rating is higher in male boots.

hope_skate

Rinkside
Country
Russia
Oh this is interesting! I never knew that before. Having this in mind, would you recommend I stick with the white ones (considering my height, frame, and weight), or can I go for the black ones? would getting the black one (for male figure skaters) be considered as overbooting?