Blades and boots concerns | Golden Skate

Blades and boots concerns

Country
Israel
hi all, just wanted to hear your opinions on some concerns regarding my equipment, although I want to explicitly state that everything that I did was according to my coach.
I just started to skate (two lessons on rink skates) with a private coach with barely any experience/ skill on ice beforehand, and my coach told me to purchase edea Chorus boots and Legacy jackson ultima blades.
My first time on the ice with them I was incredibly stable, although I found it very hard to generate speed (I was doing swizzles, basic stroking, half swizzles, attempting two foot slaloms).
I'm a 20yr male around 1.67m and +-60kg, and I wonder if this equipment is too much for me.
I'd love to hear any advice or opinion

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I wouldn't have any particular worries about that, provided the boots are comfortable and fit properly. Some people put adult beginners in Overture, others put them in Chorus. Legacy blades are popular.

Welcome to the addiction and enjoy your skating journey!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
hi all, just wanted to hear your opinions on some concerns regarding my equipment, although I want to explicitly state that everything that I did was according to my coach.
I just started to skate (two lessons on rink skates) with a private coach with barely any experience/ skill on ice beforehand, and my coach told me to purchase edea Chorus boots and Legacy jackson ultima blades.
My first time on the ice with them I was incredibly stable, although I found it very hard to generate speed (I was doing swizzles, basic stroking, half swizzles, attempting two foot slaloms).
I'm a 20yr male around 1.67m and +-60kg, and I wonder if this equipment is too much for me.
I'd love to hear any advice or opinion
First question is: Why did the coach specifically tell you edea? Is that what fits your foot best after a proper pro fitting? If so then you should be in Overture and I'd have paired that with an MK Pro blade.