Blades? | Golden Skate

Blades?

Laura_B

Rinkside
I'm looking into getting a new pair of blades, but I'm not sure on which kind to buy. Any reccomendations? I've been looking at john wilson coronation ace and coronation comet, and MK Professional. I can do all my singles and am working on my axel. Also, what are you guys' thoughts on cross cut toe picks vs. straight cut, and the k-pick? Thanks!

lutzgirl

Rinkside
I have the John Wilson Coronation Ace and i am working on my axel and going into my doubles , they work for me i would defintly reccomend them.

Yazmeen

On the Ice
I've had both Ace and Comet, and prefer the Ace, the blade I have now. I like its curvature better.

Steve L

Rinkside
lutzgirl said:
I have the John Wilson Coronation Ace and i am working on my axel and going into my doubles , they work for me i would defintly reccomend them.

Hi guys!

I am a newbie...but I have some insights on the blades....

I likes your comment so I am using it as a quote. When you are not tall you tend to prefer round baldes as in 7 foot rocker blades as in the cornation ace. Lower center of gravity usually likes 7 foot rockers which is the coronation ace and also the Professional.

The Coronation Comet has a 8.5 foot rocker therefore better for taller skaters.

also on a personal note I prefer the toe rake design of the ace or Profesionnal better since they are crossed and that prevents sliding in the ice on toe jumps!

I hope this helps!!!

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Hi Steve L and welcome to GS. I want to thank you for you helpful information about skating blades:)