Brauninger Aims for Gold at Next Junior Worlds | Golden Skate

Brauninger Aims for Gold at Next Junior Worlds

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
USA's Jordan Brauninger was the surprise medallist at the World Junior Figure Skating Championships, taking the bronze medal in his debut at the event.

More

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Thanks for the article. One nitpicky correction ;) -- Triglav Trophy is not part of the JGP. Jordan won the junior gold there in April 2003. He was 4th in his second JGP in Japan this past fall.

Check out his first fan site:
http://brauninger.dudehost.net/index.php

Last edited:

Kateri

On the Ice
"I plan to skate as long as I can. I'll only quit if arthritis or rigor mortis sets in."

Nice article! He sounds dedicated to the point of obsession...running through all his programmes twice a day??
Sounds like an injury risk if you ask me....but what do I know?

k.

bronxgirl

Medalist
Kateri said:
"I plan to skate as long as I can. I'll only quit if arthritis or rigor mortis sets in."

Nice article! He sounds dedicated to the point of obsession...running through all his programmes twice a day??

k.

Yeah, but when you're 17, you just KNOW you're immortal :p

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for bringing that mistake to my attention ;)

Sk8Bunny

Rinkside
Kateri said:
He sounds dedicated to the point of obsession...running through all his programmes twice a day??

k.

Actually, most skaters I know who are junior and senior level, especially the elite ones, run through their program's at least once or twice a day. Some coaches even want their skaters to do double run-throughs, which is doing the program once, then immediately doing it again, with no break in between. It's pretty uncommon for an skater to practice their program only once a day. I think what Jordan is doing is smart. If he wants to make his jumps consistent in his programs and be able to keep his stamina and endurance up when competiting, practicing his programs twice daily is a really good plan.
Best of luck to Jordan!! :D