Brian Joubert's future | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Brian Joubert's future

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Buttercup, I didn't mean to beat the horse (I thought 2008 was the horse) but I think you've just posted more reasons why it's unlikely for Joubert to have the kind of future a five time World medalist wants.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Buttercup, I didn't mean to beat the horse (I thought 2008 was the horse) but I think you've just posted more reasons why it's unlikely for Joubert to have the kind of future a five time World medalist wants.

2008 Worlds is only a horse for a biased idiot. Since Buttle deserved to win that Worlds hands down, and Joubert was overmarked immensely on PCS and lucky to even get silver over Weir who was underscored on PCS (even with his emptier programs) and scored harshly on alot of technical details too.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Brian did not have the best season last year - but aside from the Olympic meltdown - he still won bronze at Worlds.

I hope we see him at Worlds and his presence always adds some excitement. He is a big fan favorite and I wouldn't count him out yet.

Dai has not been at his best this season, Oda is unpredictable, Chan won't be gifted at Worlds if he falls 4 times so it feels like the podium is still up for grabs.

A healthy Joubert can still be a factor. He has said he wants to compete next season so I suspect he will bring his best at Worlds.

If Evan could win the OGM how hard is it to imagine Brian skating well a few months from now?

herios

Medalist

Actually, Brian is a 6 time world medalist, not 5. he won his first silver in 2004 and then he's been a fixture on the podium since 2006.
That is why I have to say, he certainly always finds a way to climb on that podium. I will never count him out either. But he has toi get his form back. I guess we will see how he handles his national championhip very soon.

C

chillyfranz

Actually, Brian is a 6 time world medalist, not 5. he won his first silver in 2004 and then he's been a fixture on the podium since 2006.
That is why I have to say, he certainly always finds a way to climb on that podium. I will never count him out either. But he has toi get his form back. I guess we will see how he handles his national championhip very soon.

Brian is very acommplished, we all forget it after the last season with his psychological troubles. He is very different from the new COP generation, footwork don't come easy for him like the younger ones so he has to work to get his spot back. Unforuntaely clean skate is a problem of his still . But If he gets his form by Tokyo he'll be okay. Nationals for him will not really matter I think, he has to to peak properly

Last edited:

herios

Medalist
That was fun to watch! And if he ever needs a kidney I would gladly donate one of mine to him!

If he would land those jumps this year in a similar fashion, he would be up there, without a doubt. But the vast majority the cases he comes up short in the jumping passes.

JohnnyFan

Spectator
Joubert's not really one of my favorite skaters, but I wouldn't count him out so early. The 2012 Worlds are still over a year away and the Sochi Olympics are just a little over 3 years away. Writing him off so early seems silly to me.

herios

Medalist
Brian will be fine:)

He shoots into the first place at French nationals in the SP, followed by Preaubert and Amodio...(10 points behind)

Check out the results on the nationals site, i just posted them there

Last edited:

He shoots into the first place at French nationals in the SP, followed by Preaubert and Amodio...(10 ponits behind)

He did that in 2007 Worlds too beating out Dai and Stephane because of his SP, but Dai and Steph were not good at the SP as they were in the LP. However when he puts his mind to it, as he did in 2008(?) Sweden Worlds, he showed he could be competitive. I can't count him out yet. One is as old as one feels. Thanks for the infor on French Nats. I think there will be Youtubes.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Amodio fell on the flip, and in the f/w, I think it was said in the French Nationals thread.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker

He shoots into the first place at French nationals in the SP, followed by Preaubert and Amodio...(10 points behind)

1. Was his SP clean?

2. If so, then doesn't 77 seem low for a Nationals score?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
But only 2.68 pts ahead of Preaubert, who had a great skate. Joubert had some problem with his quad - retourne, I don't know what that means in terms of FS jump. UR?

Florent fell on his first jump, reported as 3A by a fan at the comp but the paper said 3F, as well as his step sequence, taking a long time to resume his program.

eta: 77.21 is Joubert's highest score so far this season.

Florent's first jump is supposed to be 3A, which is more believable to me both as the first jump and as the one to fall on. He singled it in GPF.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
2. If so, then doesn't 77 seem low for a Nationals score?
I think french federation is rather strict in marks in general, i remember from Masters.
Retourne probably means he had a turn after the quad?

herios

Medalist
But only 2.68 pts ahead of Preaubert, who had a great skate. Joubert had some problem with his quad - retourne, I don't know what that means in terms of FS jump. UR?

retourne I assume is definitely not UR, what means is literally "come back",or in my free translation "turnover".

Now what kind of a jumping flaw close to a "turnover? ?? I would guess, he could have had a 3 turn on his foot, that would be a closer match...

This is fun, i can hardly wait to see that video!