Brian Orser: I wouldn't have become a coach if I had won the Olympics | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Brian Orser: I wouldn't have become a coach if I had won the Olympics

peg

Medalist
Both his parents are Russian, his father works in Russia. They can have two passports, Russian and Canadian. Both countries allow it.

Well, I checked the Canadian passport requirements, and you have to provide proof of Canadian citizenship. So he must have dual citizenship if he has a Canadian passport.

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
6 music edits into one program: POTO, Swan Lake, Les Mis, Carmen, Malaguena, Bolero - now that's a program no one has done!:biggrin:

The final 30 seconds of that program will be to the conclusion of Stravinsky's Firebird, of course. The ultimate cliched mish-mash of skating. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go shopping for sequined fishnet gloves.

:laugh2: :rofl: :cheer:

Blades of Glory II, here we come!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Brian Orser found his niche. On the other hand, you don't hear much about Brian Boitano these days.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Orser should really be thinking "will he still be an Olympic class coach if Yuna+Mum hasn't come knocking multiple times to convince him."

Boitano does many things. Including his own cooking show the last time I visited the states.

BlackPack

Medalist
Boitano was always low-key. But happiness isn't measured by fame but by personal satisfaction.

darazam

On the Ice
The boy IS Russian. He was trained in Ekateringburg, Russia till last year. He was taught all his triples in Russia. Now he lives in Canada.

I was quite surprised with that info, double-checked it and seems he skated till just last season in the same club Kovtun and Lipnitskaya are originally from! Too bad I found only few mentions in news and protocols from local competitions but no videos (they started uploading vids only this season).

Meoima

Match Penalty
I was quite surprised with that info, double-checked it and seems he skated till just last season in the same club Kovtun and Lipnitskaya are originally from! Too bad I found only few mentions in news and protocols from local competitions but no videos (they started uploading vids only this season).
So maybe when he peaks, he will move back to Russian just to deny Canada's gold. Perfect curse. Or maybe by that time his parents will change their mind and move back to Russian. Sorry Canada. :laugh2: