Bright future ahead for Golubeva and Giotopoulos Moore | Golden Skate

Bright future ahead for Golubeva and Giotopoulos Moore

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

They are keeping their short program from last season but will be skating to music from "The Umbrellas of Cherbourg" ☂️ for the new free skate!

"Their potential is quite big as they can do all triples and they always enjoy learning something new," said coach Galina Pachina.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Such an interesting couple all the way from the outback (and some Russian in the mix). I was so pleased for Australia when they turned up a few years ago. I'm not surprised they are hardworking after encountering so many setbacks with the pandemic (even if they did not get it). Kudos!

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Thanks for the interview - I'd been wondering how Hektor became fluent in Russian, but it makes sense now considering he was stranded in the country for over a year :eek: I wonder if he speaks Greek too 🤔

It's also encouraging to know they have managed to be so successful the past couple of seasons while doing the majority of their training in Australia. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Jonathan Guerreiro's choreography/coaching work!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
What an interesting interview!
They have had such complicated training challenges to overcome. :eek:

I am really looking forward to their performances this new season! If only I liked Umbrellas of Cherbourg better. :cry:

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
What an interesting interview!
They have had such complicated training challenges to overcome. :eek:

I am really looking forward to their performances this new season! If only I liked Umbrellas of Cherbourg better. :cry:
Another old warhorse that really should be put out to pasture.

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
The music, right? :biggrin:
Right. :drama:The Umbrellas score was already overused when *I* was competing, and that, kiddies, was not the week before yesterday. It didn't help that my partner made up his own vulgar lyrics to "I Will Wait For You". If another pair was using it, he'd sing along under his breath during practice sessions and make me giggle.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
HA! I guess I am the only one who still enjoys that old tune :) I am excited to see how they can develop. If they can do all triples, they certainly could bring up a flip or a lutz in there to make some waves and rack up some points. This is something only very few teams have managed to do, especially in the SP.