2023 Skate Canada Pairs Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2023 Skate Canada Pairs Short Program

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was referring to @CellarDweller 's age ...

giphy.gif

Sabine

On the Ice
They've been to Lombardia IIRC
And they've been to Germany for Nebelhorn trophy. I guess last season they did competitions outside Italy as well. And she probably has been at singles competitions in different countries for sure.

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Grrr. I had watched as far as the end of Brooke and Ben's programme on catch up on the ISU stream. Took a break because I needed to do something else. Now the whole thing is unavailable due to a copyright claim. :mad:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I managed to catch up a bit and at 33 I felt INCREDIBLY self-conscious watching Deanna schooling the field. She's absolutely mesmerising to watch, her carriage is absolutely amazing, her lines and how she puts the expression, fierce look over every move is just so tasty. She has that intimidation streak about her and I started to laugh a bit at myself while thinking that I would fear to give her flower crown :laugh:

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Overall a better standard this week compared to Skate America.

I also really appreciated the technical know how from Kristen Moore Towers on the commentary.
She was great, wasn't she? Kaitlyn W was also a really good commentator on the ice dance. Both of them brought lots of insight, have nice speaking voices and are really positive.

Bord

Rinkside
Deanna and her high standards is the western worlds version of

Ksenia Stolbova.​

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Deanna and her high standards is the western worlds version of

Ksenia Stolbova.​

I wouldn't go that far... back in the days, I always felt that if Fedor made a mistake, he'd be in major trouble. Deanna is much more considerate towards Max and their team in general. She just was, and rightly so, expecting higher scores. :)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wouldn't go that far... back in the days, I always felt that if Fedor made a mistake, he'd be in major trouble.

And he was in major trouble, quite memorably, on at least one occasion. Despite feeling bad for Fedor, I laughed so hard! it was like a cartoon come to life, but so much better.

Deanna is much more considerate towards Max and their team in general. She just was, and rightly so, expecting higher scores. :)

Seven Sisters

Medalist
I managed to catch up a bit and at 33 I felt INCREDIBLY self-conscious watching Deanna schooling the field. She's absolutely mesmerising to watch, her carriage is absolutely amazing, her lines and how she puts the expression, fierce look over every move is just so tasty. She has that intimidation streak about her and I started to laugh a bit at myself while thinking that I would fear to give her flower crown :laugh:
In fact, Deanna is just the sweetest thing ever when interacting with fans! She and Maxime will stay out there happily signing autographs, accepting congrats, etc., until the point where the Canadian team officials literally force them to leave. I have seen this at multiple comps! Please don’t be intimidated :)

Last edited:

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I wouldn't go that far... back in the days, I always felt that if Fedor made a mistake, he'd be in major trouble. Deanna is much more considerate towards Max and their team in general. She just was, and rightly so, expecting higher scores. :)
Ooh, I don't know - I recall Deanna giving Nathan Bartholomay a death glare worthy of Barbara Fusar-Poli after one of their skates....😁

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Ooh, I don't know - I recall Deanna giving Nathan Bartholomay a death glare worthy of Barbara Fusar-Poli after one of their skates....😁
really? i'd love to see it :) Babs stare has been unmatched for years.... it may be fun to make a meme out of it... if @yesterday is available... haven't seen them in a while (where are you??????)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You're right! And I think it happened more than once. Once when he was trying in K&C to make it up to her and she wasn't having it. :D