Chan takes 8th Can Nat title: Recap | Golden Skate

Chan takes 8th Can Nat title: Recap

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Recap Can Men Final

With his 2016 Canadian crown, Chan has matched Brian Orser’s eight-title record.

“It’s cool,” the 25-year-old said of the feat. “It’s so special. To be at that credibility in Canada, to have eight national titles, it’s amazing!”

The 2014 Olympic silver medalist is pleased with the performance on his route to Boston.

“It’s a fight, but again this week has been great,” he said. “Great steps forward. Great short program. Great second quad in the long. I can’t rush these things. I got to remember it has only been seven or eight months since I came back. I got to keep that in mind.”

Nevertheless, his plans remain lofty as he would like to do two quads and two triple Axels at the Four Continents and World Figure Skating Championships.

“I don’t even want to think medals,” he said. “Wining worlds again, that would be awesome, but in order to get to that point, I have to achieve my own little goals which is to do the second Axel. It’s sweet when I land it in practice and that pattern going into that second Axel almost is better than the first one. So if I can do that on game day, that will be a pretty sweet feeling.”

How do you think he will fare in Boston if he has both quads and Axels and everyone else skates clean?

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
Unfortunately we don't have GPF free skate everyday. I don't remember a free skate from worlds with 4 clean, close to perfection performances from the top skaters. Avtually, we usually have one or two breathtaking FS per worlds:laugh:
IF everybody skates clean, I think Yuzu will get the gold and Javi silver. Patrick or Denis for the bronze medal. But as I said, it's very very unlikely to have so many clean skates from the best men in the competition because of their tehnical content.
Yuzu, Javi, Denis, Patrick, Shoma and Boyang..I can imagine any possible podium with 3 of them. Any of them can win if the ones mentioned before him have some costly mistakes. Imo men's event is by far the most exciting to watch at the moment:popcorn:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hmmm. At Nationals, with no competition, Chan did two quad toes, one 3a (he doubled the other planned 3a combination) and later doubled a planned 3f. Not sure he could make the podium at Worlds with that tech content....

He was named to the 4CC team, but I'm not sure he is planning to go. It would be advantageous for him to go and actually execute the tech content he has planned. AFAIK, Hanyu is not going to 4CC.