Choreo Sequence Invalidated | Golden Skate

Choreo Sequence Invalidated

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I need help understanding why deniss vasiljevs's choreographic sequence was invalidated. Truthfully, I don't understand all the rules in the IJS handbook. They're confusing and they don't come with "example videos" showing what is acceptable and what is not.
Someone mentioned on Twitter that Deniss had 2 choreo sequences in a row, and this isn't allowed. Someone else mentioned that the judges hosed him, that his choreo sequence was clear as day. I do not understand. A choreo sequence lasts about 10 seconds, yes? How is it allowed for Deniss to receive 0 marks; it is not as if her did no choreographic sequence at all. Why aren't more people discussing this?

Also, what would you guys do to ensure stuff like this doesn't continue?

**And, just for fun, if you were in charge of the rules: 1. do you think that all programs should have 2 choreo sequences, to enhance a free program, make it more individual? 2. Should step sequences get a higher base value?

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I tried to listen our local commentators and also they were confused about it. They said the rule is "choreo sequence must have two different moves but skater can choose those moves". I think maybe his moves were more equal to steps and the judges judged it not to be two different choreo moves. The moves can be split jump, slide or almost everything skater can imagine, but just differ from other elements, I understood.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Looks like they called two different sequences as the ChSeq1. You only get credit for the first. If you look at the LP protocol, you can see a deleted element in #12.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Looks like they called two different sequences as the ChSeq1. You only get credit for the first. If you look at the LP protocol, you can see a deleted element in #12.
It is more confusing. I rewatched it with local commentating and it was put to invalid already soon after he did the first and the X from choreo seq was put to protocols when he was spinning the last spin. He had step seq before that spin. His protocol has 13 elements, so was in his plans one element too much? But how can such mistake be in that level and that experience of himself and his coach. It does not make sense. Or the invalid element was just put to table late and that's why there is 13 elements - and there was some issue compared to the rules.

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
I have just watched it again. It seems that he has been deemed to have attempted two choreo sequences. The choreo sequence needs to have at least two distinct moves and I am pretty sure I saw somewhere that positions in things like spirals and glides need to be held for at least 2 seconds. In the first choreo sequence I can only see one distinct move (the spiral with leg held up) and it looked like he held it for less than 2 seconds. The rest of the sequence seemed to just be transitional content. I have also looked at the video from the Sheffield GP and there are a couple of other positions which he noticeably holds for longer in his choreo sequence there compared to the Europeans. It seems that there was also some spare material at the end of his step sequence which could have met the requirements for a choreo sequence but could not be counted as such because the choreo sequence had already been attempted at the point where he had indicated it would be.