Club 2000 or Edea Rotation | Golden Skate

Club 2000 or Edea Rotation

cantheskater

Rinkside
Country
Turkey
Hi,
I'm an adult figure skater who has recentely started landing baby salchows and upright spins up to 10 revolutions. I have motivo+rotation equipment now, but I recently bought Risport rf 3 boots and an mk club 2000. Well, compared to the boot, the blade is relatively cheap. My coach said club 2000 was better for jumps than rotation. I checked the internet and found that the blade was discontinued. I kind of feel like it is a downgrade. What are your opinions? Can a club 2000 do a good job? Or is it just useless?

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
It's definitely a pre-intermediate blade, but your coach is right and it's still better than the rotation blades. Edea doesn't have fantastic blades, and MK and Wilson have the best in the world (when comparing the same level blades to each other). Being discontinued doesn't make it worthless, there will always be some models that will come and go, and there will be a handful that are so popular they've been around for decades. If you had the money and are otherwise dissatisfied with your blade, I'd recommend an MK Professional or Wilson Coronation Ace.

cantheskater

Rinkside
Country
Turkey
I guess I can still return the blade and buy Coronation ace blades. But is the diffrence between a pre-intermediate blade like club 2000 and Coronation Ace huge? Should I really pay that much? I want to pay though. But I live in a country where there is huge inflation and I just don't know. I'm buying it for life and it should be just perfect... But is club 2000 enough?
It's definitely a pre-intermediate blade, but your coach is right and it's still better than the rotation blades. Edea doesn't have fantastic blades, and MK and Wilson have the best in the world (when comparing the same level blades to each other). Being discontinued doesn't make it worthless, there will always be some models that will come and go, and there will be a handful that are so popular they've been around for decades. If you had the money and are otherwise dissatisfied with your blade, I'd recommend an MK Professional or Wilson Coronation Ace.

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
I guess I can still return the blade and buy Coronation ace blades. But is the diffrence between a pre-intermediate blade like club 2000 and Coronation Ace huge? Should I really pay that much? I want to pay though. But I live in a country where there is huge inflation and I just don't know. I'm buying it for life and it should be just perfect... But is club 2000 enough?
There's no such thing as buying boots and blades for life...boots break down and have to be replaced (depends on how often you skate and your skill level). Blades have to be resharpened every so often, and the part that gets the sharpening can only take a certain number of sharpenings. When that part of the steel has been ground away you'll need to replace them.

MK Pro and Coronation Ace are solid intermediate blades which is the level you are at now, so they are appropriate for you. You can certainly skate as you have been on Club 2000, but the design isn't maximized to aid your skill level the way the other 2 are.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
You needed to pair an intermediate blade with your boot. MK Pro or J Wilson Coronation Ace. Nothing else LOL.
Also, you will need to replace them often, and depending on your individual situation it may be when the boots break down or before.

I can't tell you in long my career how many blades I have been through, just know it's an incredible amount! :laugh2:

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
My coach said club 2000 was better for jumps than rotation.
You refer to your coach. Did you choose the boots and blades on your own, or did your coach recommend them? Are you taking group lessons or private lessons? The price of the intermediate blades are high relative to that of beginner blades. But how much are you paying per lesson (coach fee and rink fee)?

cantheskater

Rinkside
Country
Turkey
There's no such thing as buying boots and blades for life...boots break down and have to be replaced (depends on how often you skate and your skill level). Blades have to be resharpened every so often, and the part that gets the sharpening can only take a certain number of sharpenings. When that part of the steel has been ground away you'll need to replace them.

MK Pro and Coronation Ace are solid intermediate blades which is the level you are at now, so they are appropriate for you. You can certainly skate as you have been on Club 2000, but the design isn't maximized to aid your skill level the way the other 2 are.
I can't thank you enough for your help. I'm getting a Coronation Ace blade. By life, I mean it has to be with me at least 3 years from now on. Because I have so much to learn, and I don't even know if I'll ever land my doubles knowing that I'm 23 and well. I may not be that strong... But at least I m getting sure that my equipment will be nice and sound along the way. :)

cantheskater

Rinkside
Country
Turkey
You needed to pair an intermediate blade with your boot. MK Pro or J Wilson Coronation Ace. Nothing else LOL.
Also, you will need to replace them often, and depending on your individual situation it may be when the boots break down or before.

I can't tell you in long my career how many blades I have been through, just know it's an incredible amount! :laugh2:
Haha, You're absolutely right. But I started this thing as a hobby at the age of 23. I don't even think that I'll ever participate in any kind of competition you know. But starting my little sit spins and little jumps gave me some sort of passion to go even further. That's why I'm shifting from Edea Motivo+Rotation to Risport Rf3+ Coronation Ace. And who knows, maybe I'll compete in adults figure skating competitions if I show further progress...

cantheskater

Rinkside
Country
Turkey
You refer to your coach. Did you choose the boots and blades on your own, or did your coach recommend them? Are you taking group lessons or private lessons? The price of the intermediate blades are high relative to that of beginner blades. But how much are you paying per lesson (coach fee and rink fee)?
Well, he chose the boots. For the blades though, I gave him options to choose from which I should have. Mk Club is like 1300TL. Where I live the minimum wage is 5500TL. Coronation Ace is 5900TL. hahaa more than a minimum wage. So I made a huge decision to dump Mk Club and buy this instead. In dollars, Club is like 45 dollars :D while Coronation Ace is 250 to 300 dollars or something around that. It should not be a major problem for most people to buy Coronation Ace in any other country, but my country is just like this as you see. I had to pay my monthly sallary just to get the blades. I don't wanna talk about the boots... I'm having private lessons with an incredibly knowledgeable coach 30 minutes 150 TL (Like 8 dollars :D) and I just pay 30 TL(1.61dollars :D) for the ice and I skate as long as I want to skate that day.

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I've been in this skating "business" for 4 decades but have never heard of Club 2000 blades. I wonder, do MK make different blades for different markets? Whatever the answer, they would have been far, far better than Rotation. I'm not sure there's a blade that is worse than Rotation...

Not that it matters because now that you have the RF3 Pros and Coronation Ace blades, you have the perfect combination for maximum progression. Enjoy the journey!

cantheskater

Rinkside
Country
Turkey
I've been in this skating "business" for 4 decades but have never heard of Club 2000 blades. I wonder, do MK make different blades for different markets? Whatever the answer, they would have been far, far better than Rotation. I'm not sure there's a blade that is worse than Rotation...

Not that it matters because now that you have the RF3 Pros and Coronation Ace blades, you have the perfect combination for maximum progression. Enjoy the journey!
Thank you so much! 😇

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
I've only been back to skating since 2019 but I'd heard of Club 2000. They were already discontinued by then but I still see stragglers being sold on ebay and various skating shops including my local one. They're also listed on the comprehensive blade comparison chart at Skater's Landing (which is obviously pretty old by now). All the basic MK and Wilson blades except the Flight have long since been discontinued (and they don't have any Edea blades). https://skaterslanding.com/pages/blade-comparison-chart

cantheskater

Rinkside
Country
Turkey
I've only been back to skating since 2019 but I'd heard of Club 2000. They were already discontinued by then but I still see stragglers being sold on ebay and various skating shops including my local one. They're also listed on the comprehensive blade comparison chart at Skater's Landing (which is obviously pretty old by now). All the basic MK and Wilson blades except the Flight have long since been discontinued (and they don't have any Edea blades). https://skaterslanding.com/pages/blade-comparison-chart
I got my Coronation Ace blades now. After Edea Rotation blades, these are just blessings. It feels like my spins are better already. I'm just trying to break in the shoes. Thank you all for your support.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I got my Coronation Ace blades now. After Edea Rotation blades, these are just blessings. It feels like my spins are better already. I'm just trying to break in the shoes. Thank you all for your support.
I am so glad to hear this! Enjoy and happy skating! :yahoo: