COI Summer Tour | Golden Skate

COI Summer Tour

H

heyang

COI Summer Tour

Hi, all.

Finally, I went to watch COI live for the 1st time in Secaucus, NJ. Don't have time to get into a lot of detail, but just wanted to note some initial thoughts.

I was pleasantly surprised that Galindo did not do YMCA again. He has a new routine to a Prince medley that got audience attention.

Also, happy that Dan Hollander did not bring out Mrs. Doubtfire again. He has a new routine where he's a 70 year old skater. It was amusing and the audience appreciated it.

Yeah - Mike Weiss did not skate to Backstreet Boys again. Can't remember the song right now. He did do his tornado which got some applause.

The only standing O was for Candleoro, of all people. The Frenchman skated to Lee Greenwood's 'God Bless the USA'. That song hits quite an emotional cord when America is at war and given America's (nothing personal) current regard towards France, it was especially appreciated that someone from France would skate such a routine. And he didn't take his shirt off.

Kazakova and Dimitriev performed to Natalie Cole's duet Unforgettable. I thought it was very unusual for them since their forte is strong dramatic music. They did a very nice job, but I think I would've enjoyed seeing their Matrix program (where she's a puppet) more.

Fumie skated to her Vienna Boy's Choir exhibition routine. She feel during her intro sequence and during her program. I guess her legs are still tired from Worlds.

Yay! - Irina was there. She's got amazing speed. She skated to some Russian upbeat music (I realy wish they would announce the music). It was well skated, but I don't think the audience 'felt' it.

Sasha performed Romeo and Juliet. Really lovely and her extensions are incredible.

Cupcake performed her LP - popped the 1st 2 jumps - most of the audience had no idea who she was, especially since she wasn't in the program.

Michelle performed her new exhibition piece. I love MK and am glad that I got to see her live. This number still needs development - it seemed to be missing some in-betweens. I did read the article where she said that she had only worked on this skate for about a month - so, i wasn't surprised.

Sarah's picture was still in the program, but no mention as to why she did not appear.

Otherwise, everyone else performed something they skated to at worlds (either long program or exhibition or, in the case of non-eligibles, something that they've skated during past seasons.)

D

dlksk8fan

Re: COI Summer Tour

heyang-
Candleoro didn't take his shirt off?!! It's nice that he picked such a patriotic song. Maybe his skating is heading into a different direction other then "cheesy" stuff:p

Hope you enjoyed the show.

H

heyang

Oops - forgot to mention that I did enjoy watching all of these wonderful skaters.

If I had to choose only one, I still prefer SOI. BTW, it was mentioned that this is the only touring show sanctioned by the USFSA during the intro.

I

Idleracer

[c]<font size=4><font color="#00C090">Sounds like Sokolova was thrown in to replace Hughes at the last moment. At least she didn't reprise her Grim Reaper exhibition program.