CoR on YouTube | Page 4 | Golden Skate

CoR on YouTube

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Regardless of the video Griazev looked like a contender. How long has it been since his Junior Worlds win over Johnny?

Joe

He never beat Johnny at Junior Worlds. He beat Evan to win Junior Worlds in 2004. Quite an accomplishment given that Evan was about twice as ridiculously overscored as a junior to what he is as a senior (hard to believe but it is true).

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
It was good for Griazev to win a medal in this field. I dont think many would have picked to medal in a field with Lambiel, Weir, and Buttle. Also good he beat an arch Russian rival Lutai. The one possible negative though is his score was lower then another Russian rival Voronov from the last event.

Kasey

Medalist
True, but it was only 2 points lower, and as well as Voronov did, it was at a less competitive field I think. Also, I think the TEB judges were a little more generous with PCS (except, to all people, Chan, who I think was lowballed in the SP)....I mean, I enjoy watching Preaubert, I think he's very amusing and entertaining, but he got some high 6s and low 7s at TEB for PCS.....

I just hope that they work on upgrading Andrei's footwork sequences. If he could get at least one level 3 in each of his programs, I think it would look better towards his actual skating skills, and make judges tend to lean more upwards on his PCS. Of course, if he can skate well at NHK instead of letting the inconsistancy step in, that will help a lot also in the eyes of the judges I think.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

MissIzzy

Final Flight
A hopeful observation: on ESPN's coverage of Cup of Russia today, during Andrei Graizev's long, they included a shot of Tarasova reacting in the commentating booth, Paul Wylie noted he'd love to know what she was saying, and suggested someone go look on YouTube. That encouragingly suggests that ESPN will see no need to eliminate foreign footage from YouTube the way a certain Network does. Of course, they may still try to pull their own, but I don't think anyone can object to them doing that.