Crazy Predictions Thread | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Crazy Predictions Thread

HoneyGoldLev

Rinkside
The first two predictions are actually very possible. As for the third, I always thought Sui/Han were cute together. The injuries seem to have brought them closer together...you never know! (And also, I just wasted a year and a half of my life shipping Stolbova/Klimov so I need a new couple to give me cuteness)

Yeap, I love Zhenya, but just got this crazy feeling her path to OGM will not be a smooth one. Same for Nathan, altho his 5 quads in LP was very impressive, I felt like he won't be the one to land the 6.
While we're at it, I can predict that at least 6 quads LP will happen no later than 2018 GPF.

Yasss fellow Sui/Han fans. I never get why Sui always seems so adamant about the whole dating denial thing, cos their chemistry (at least on ice) is firreeeeeee!!

madforskating

On the Ice
Yeap, I love Zhenya, but just got this crazy feeling her path to OGM will not be a smooth one. Same for Nathan, altho his 5 quads in LP was very impressive, I felt like he won't be the one to land the 6.
While we're at it, I can predict that at least 6 quads LP will happen no later than 2018 GPF.

Yasss fellow Sui/Han fans. I never get why Sui always seems so adamant about the whole dating denial thing, cos their chemistry (at least on ice) is firreeeeeee!!

Oh she just doesn't realize they have chemistry! I dare say though, they're looking cute lately! All she said was that he talks too much lol, maybe he can learn to talk less and then it could happen! I'm keeping my eye on their relationship status.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Averbukh creates a new program for medvedeva based on the conflict between North and South Korea.

Medvedeva is booed and falls 3 times.

Averbukh is banned by the ISU.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Averbukh creates a new program for medvedeva based on the conflict between North and South Korea.

Ssshh 4everchan...don't give Averbukh any new ideas, let him stick to the earthquake and tsunami themed programs, we are expecting from him.

Last edited:

icybear

Medalist
ISU installs sensors on skaters blade. A red light on the blade will flash for an edge call so that judges cannot ignore this as all viewers will be able to see. Height and length of jumps as well as speed and flow is measured and calculated for GOE.

sandraskates

Final Flight
Country
United-States
ISU installs sensors on skaters blade. A red light on the blade will flash for an edge call so that judges cannot ignore this as all viewers will be able to see. Height and length of jumps as well as speed and flow is measured and calculated for GOE.

Now *that* would be amazing. And it's probably not that far-fetched either.

madforskating

On the Ice

Averbukh does a program for the Shibs and the theme is incest and Alex lusting after Maia because it's never been done before and Averbukh thinks it'd be interesting.

narcissa

Record Breaker
Evgenia's LP next year is set to a mish mash of Schindler's List, You Don't Give Up On Love, and Kill Bill, choreographed by Averbukh to portray the tragedy of her teammate Yulia Lipnitskaya's career.

At the Olympics, the JSF begs Yuzu to give Zhenya a kiss before her free skate, which causes her to fall on every jumping pass. She wins the silver medal to Marin Honda. However, during the award ceremony, they discovered that the gold medal was missing. It turns out a rabid fan stole the gold medal and gave it to Mao Asada, who shows up at the gala and skates an 8-triple, fully rotated exhibition while wearing the gold medal, and it was so beautiful that everyone decided to just give it to her.

On the men's side, in order to maximize edginess, Maxim Kovtun skates his free program to the national anthem of North Korea. The crowd loses its mind and starts running onto the ice to chase him out of the rink. In order to avoid the protestors, Maxim launches into the air and does the world's first quint axel, which is worth so many points that he ends up getting the silver medal.

Apparently, financial troubles plague The Cricket Club, and Brian Orser can only afford one set of choreography for both Yuzuru and Javi. Javi shows up in a three-piece suit and Yuzuru skates the same exact program wearing a million bedazzled flowers and feathers plucked from fifteen real swans. They do the exact same program, get the exact same score in every segment and every category, and the ISU has no choice but to award the gold medal to both of them. While standing on the podium together, Javi gets down on one knee and proposes to Yuzuru, and since they're already dressed, the award ceremony turns into a wedding. They share a kiss which becomes the most iconic image of the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics.

After Pyeongchang, the quadsters Boyang, Shoma, and Nathan battle it out, with each of them skating 7-quad programs. In order to rebalance the TES-PCS ratio, the ISU decides to reintroduce compulsory figures, which are now worth 50% of your score. Patrick Chan sees this as his opportunity to finally win an Olympic gold medal, so he comes out of retirement for the 20122 Olympics in Beijing and wins the event based on figures alone. In doing so, he breaks every single figure skating curse known to humanity, and all skaters are finally freed of injuries, under-rotations, wrong edge takeoffs, and acrimonious fan wars.

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
Evgenia's LP next year is set to a mish mash of Schindler's List, You Don't Give Up On Love, and Kill Bill, choreographed by Averbukh to portray the tragedy of her teammate Yulia Lipnitskaya's career.
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::drama:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Patrick Chan sees this as his opportunity to finally win an Olympic gold medal, so he comes out of retirement for the 20122 Olympics in Beijing

Now that's something I'd give a lot to see. :laugh2: Sorry, couldn't resist. :slink:

madforskating

On the Ice
Aliona Savchenko misses out on Olympic gold in 2018 by half a point because Bruno screws up, and fed up with pairs, she switches to ladies' singles, does a triple axel and quad salchow, and beats all Tutberidze's freaky Russian babies for the 2022 Olympic gold medal.

Nathan13

Medalist
I've said it once and I'll say it again:
Meagan Duhamel gets an account on Golden Skate, and she posts both long and often.

madforskating

On the Ice
I've said it once and I'll say it again:
Meagan Duhamel gets an account on Golden Skate, and she posts both long and often.

In that case, I'm getting rid of my Stolbova/Klimov avatar ASAP.
Who knows, maybe she's already got a secret account we don't know about! *looks at all the forum members guessing which one is Meagan in disguise*

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
In that case, I'm getting rid of my Stolbova/Klimov avatar ASAP.
Who knows, maybe she's already got a secret account we don't know about! *looks at all the forum members guessing which one is Meagan in disguise*

muahaha.... she is always looking...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Seriously I need a Meagan and Eric avatar for everything because she knows all and sees all LOL. Meagan, if you're reading this, I have nothing to do with Ksenia and Fedor, I swear!

lol you are hilarious... i am sure Meagan and Eric have huge respect for Fedor and Ksenia. I know Meagan is a great supporter of Aljona for instance. The only person she has not liked was another pair skater who criticized their quad attempts... but I can understand why they threw a few arrows at one another....

Tonight's crazy prediction is a bittersweet yet still crazy one :

Meagan, knowing that Eric is too injured to compete at the games decide to go back to single skating (last time was a 5th place at 4CC over 10 years ago) and qualifies as number 3 girl for Canada. Kaetlyn decides to focus on singles and skips the team event (not happening... so that's why this is crazy predictions!!!) and Meagan and Gabby skates for Canada's team event. Meagan doesn't have a 3-3 so they decide that Gabby will do the SP and Meagan goes into the LP with a Satoko style layout which includes two 3lz and two 2a-3ts. Canada wins gold and Meagan is an Olympic Champion. She feels proud yet devastated that she couldn't share that medal with Eric.