Cup of China - Original Dance - LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Cup of China - Original Dance - LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

chania36

On the Ice
Hi, I would like to know if Dubreuill and Lauzon did a mistake in their last program to finish 3rd overall in the competition, because they are so strong in that part of the competition with all those difficult lift and even with their technique they are much better then the Isreal team, so can someone tell me what they have done wrong because they were place higher at Skate Canada, in front of the Isreal couple. Can you explain please... it is unfortunate that we do not have coverage of those competition, so many people would watch them...

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
They had a problem with a dance lift. Originally, it was a Lv4 lift but unfortunately it was downgraded to a Lv2. I really like this team because they put so much power and everything into a program. It is really odd that they had a problem with a dance lift. I think Dubreuil slipped on the lift and Lauzon had to use two hands to support her. That was why the lift was downgraded.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
When interviewed after the OD, D&L said that there was lotion or some such on her shoulder and his hand slipped.

In the FD, they fell during a step sequence, with the result that it got downgraded to level1, plus they got a GOE of -3 for it. That made the difference.

However, both C&S and B&A beefed up 2 of their skills from SA (and SC), so that the base element score was about 2 points higher than at SA.

boggartlaura

On the Ice
SailorGalaxia518 said:
They had a problem with a dance lift. Originally, it was a Lv4 lift but unfortunately it was downgraded to a Lv2. I really like this team because they put so much power and everything into a program. It is really odd that they had a problem with a dance lift. I think Dubreuil slipped on the lift and Lauzon had to use two hands to support her. That was why the lift was downgraded.
But even had they done the lift perfectly, C&S would still have beaten them in the OD.