2023 Cup of China Rhythm Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2023 Cup of China Rhythm Dance

icewhite

Record Breaker
Hm, I love her pants and outfit, but I don't like her facial expression at all. It's not just so over the top, it's also pretty generic and doesn't fit the program/lyrics at all.
And they did not have their best day.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What I really like about this program, is the variety of movement. High and low in the knees, the double slide. They show a variety of vertical movement. Unfortunately the twizzle miscue for Piper puts them in second, great recovery for her to salvage what they did. I Did like their variety of movement better than LaLa, but the marks are correct. Paul seems ageless like he could skate forever.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Ooo LaLa win the SD!!

I ain't mad though, LaLa were on fire! Best twizzles since the Shibs (although not better, the Shibs were the masters).
I need to revisit the shibs twizzles and compare. :) Shibs were my favourite team back then after Scott and Tessa. Now, it seems like they travel the world and do events. I don' t think they do shows or are involved with skating. Maybe someone else knows better. Alex was one of my biggest crushes :)

Last edited:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am impressed with all the Chinese teams this year. They seem to have embraced the 80s theme and done some good homework. In the past, this type of theme would be cultural mystery for them. Now they look like they have embraced something new and are are having so much fun while still putting their own stamp on skating. I find myself enjoying them a lot this season even if their skating seems a bit small.