Daisuke Takahashi | Page 98 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

ioanna

Record Breaker
"D1sk won't let you control him. He is going to show you how to groove on the sound. So, prepare to have your mind blown" :laugh: Genius.

The quad collection towards min 7 :love: Incredible editing.

ioanna

Record Breaker
^ Thank you for the links Pattina! Dai's pink shorts have inspired fans to do all sorts of art. I've also seen this drawing on twitter made by pepperD1SK.

I wonder how long will it be till we see the original. :biggrin:

deedee1

Record Breaker
For anybody who used to play Dance Dance Revolution at the arcades, I present this absolute genius fanvideo: D1skD1skRevolution.

:cool::rock::love: Thanks a million for sharing it with us, shingalas! And :bow: to its uploader, of course! It's lifted my heart quite a lot.
There is nobody who grabs my soul with his skate like Dai does. There probably will be nobody like Dai for me for many years to come in competitive figure skating.

Alain

Match Penalty

Pattina

On the Ice
Ioanap thanks for links to Dai-wonderful pics of Pink Tiger!!

Here is the short video of tv news in HD. So many thanks to uploader

Enjoy Daisuke's amazing power to change from foolish jester to breathtaking artist is seconds.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22pf6i_2014ti-6-osaka-digest_sport

Alain wrote:
Not really his style. But if he likes it, why not. He really enjoys himself on that video.

Yes, so true! It's a show, after all, and Daisuke knows very well how to entertain audience. Really happy to see him so cheerful!!

ioanna

Record Breaker

Pattina

On the Ice
Thanks ioanap! Beautiful pic, indeed.

Dai spotted today playing drums at Hachinohe Sansha Taisai.

EDIT: I've been informed just now that original pic on FB page has been removed. So I cancel link from this post! Sorry!

ioanna

Record Breaker
Yomiuri Shimbun posted this article today.
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/local/hyogo/feature/CO003991/20140803-OYTAT50016.html?from=tw

Coach Utako Nagamitsu recalls the first time she met Daisuke, at a training camp in Sendai. She heard about a "promising child from Okayama" before and she said the music was pouring out of his body as he was skating.

The last paragraph says while Daisuke is currently taking a season off, maybe one day they can smile together again (not sure about this phrase, maybe somebody who speaks Japanese can translate better).

deedee1

Record Breaker
Yomiuri Shimbun posted this article today.
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/local/hyogo/feature/CO003991/20140803-OYTAT50016.html?from=tw

Coach Utako Nagamitsu recalls the first time she met Daisuke, at a training camp in Sendai. She heard about a "promising child from Okayama" before and she said the music was pouring out of his body as he was skating.

The last paragraph says while Daisuke is currently taking a season off, maybe one day they can smile together again (not sure about this phrase, maybe somebody who speaks Japanese can translate better).

As usual thanks a lot for the link, ioanap. I was about to post this article, but I am slow as usual and you beat me! :laugh:

Your translation is correct. Allow me please but with my rather weak English I may translate :

"Takahashi Daisuke senshu has already announced taking a season off, but it will be just wonderful if we once again can see them together, with their genuine smiles. I personally look forward to it."

I love this part the most:
フィギュアスケートの魅力を尋ねると、「1人でリンクを支配し、ターンやスピンなどダイナミックな技術を見せながら表現ができるぜいたくな競技。大輔はそれを理解していると思う」。

Asked about what's the best part of figure skating, Coach Nagamitsu answered, "Figure skating is such a luxurious sport where you can possess the whole ice rink, with all those attentions to yourself while performing and showing all your various dynamic techniques such as turns and spins. In that sense, Daisuke understands it naturally; a born skater, I believe."

ioanna

Record Breaker
Thank you for translating deedee, it is always appreciated by those of us who don't understand the language (or just not good enough).

I didn't understand the part you pointed out very well in the original article so I'm happy to read it now. Coach Nagamitsu is right; whenever Daisuke skated the rink became smaller under his feet. His strong presence on the ice will surely be missed from now on, as it was at the World Championship this past spring.

The author of the article is not the only one hoping for his comeback from what I've seen so far and I'm surprised. Given his age and the fact that there's a lot of rising talent in the men's field in Japan, one would have thought his retirement wouldn't be up to debate. This just proves that whatever happens and no matter his results, there are a lot of people who would love to see him compete again.

ioanna

Record Breaker
According to this article, coach Utako Nagamitsu will hold a lecture at the Asahi Cultural Center. She will be accompanied by Asahi Shimbun Sports Division reporter, Daisuke Goto.

The lecture will have a Q&A session so if you want to send a question, you can contact this page.