Daisuke Takahashi | Page 99 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

ayarose

On the Ice
I don't know if I should be thankful or not to The ICE for providing me clips of TJ Men giving me second - hand embarrassment through the years.

Anyways, this uploader tweeted the links for FaOI Toyama in HD. Part 1 and Part 2

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Dai landing a quad flip during warm up before the LP at the 2011 NHK Trophy. Thanks to the uploader for sharing the video.
http://instagram.com/p/rWwaUMywF5/
Thanks for the link. What I really admire about Dai is that he's known as a more artistic skater, but at the same time he never hesitated to push the technical side to the best of his ability. 3F seems to be a very good jump for him, so I'm not surprised he tried to quadruple it a few times.

Pattina

On the Ice
ioanap, thank you for link to Alex Shib's video!

Dai was having great fun, his eyes sparkling and his smile so broad!

And he was Amazingly SuperHot!!! OMG he really knows how to :rock: audience!!!

King of Mambo for ever!!!!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
^ Just wanted to say thank you, ioanap, for posting the link. I've been a lurker for a long time but finally decided to post to show my appreciation. Kissing You is one of my favorite EX programs from Dai. There's nothing fancy in terms of choreography but his movements really evoke the most intense feelings inside of me. I always end up crying while watching it, be it the Almaty, Makuhari or Toyama versions. I blame this all on him!

ioanna

Record Breaker
As Japan Open is getting closer, BS Japan is selecting The Best Of Carnival On Ice based on fans' votes. As you know, Carnival On Ice is the exhibition gala of Japan Open and Dai competed at this event every year since 2006 (with the exceptions of 2007 and 2009) so I think he deserves some votes for his programs. The programs that get the most votes will air on TV on September 7th. (source)

The nominees are

COI 2013 - (4) - Sonatina for Violin (ヴァイオリンのためのソナチネ)
COI 2012 - (14) - Primavera Portena (ブエノスアイレスの春)
COI 2010 - (30) - Valse d'Amelie (映画「アメリ」より by ヤン ティルセン)
COI 2009 - (32) - Eye
COI 2008 - (43) - Swan Lake Hip Hop Remix

What you have to do:

This is the website
http://www.bs-j.co.jp/figure2014/

1. Click on the red button that says 投票する
2. Select the programs from the list: (4), (14), (30), (32) and (43)
3. Click on the white button that says 投票する
4. Click on the white button on the left that says 送信

Dai was a regular of both Japan Open and its exhibition gala Carnival On Ice, so let us show our appreciation for the beautiful performances he's given us!

Update: All 50 programs will be aired again, but in the order of the number of the votes. So let's make one of Dai's programs #1!

cdngirl

On the Ice
Thank you all for the latest news. Special mention to ioanap for passing on the Japan Open voting list. Daisuke deserves to win for all that he has given the world with those incredible performances.

Welcome chasingpolaris! Sorry to hear that Kissing You leaves you in tears but can certainly understand because his skating is always so moving. I'm glad you have decided post!

Pattina

On the Ice
Thank you all, guys, for link and info.

Curry cooking is hilarious: Dai's face when ginger falls into drain is priceless! And he is simply adorable cleaning and arranging spices before eating. He is not a man of this Earth :laugh:

ianap, thanks for info on voting list. Pity I got the info elsewhere and did it before reading your post with instructions - I stumbled and failed a couple of times, but in the end I got it and Dai has my 5 votes.

@chasingpolaris Welcome! Understand your feelings about Kissing. Dai's moves are smooth, effortless, conveying many deep and moving emotions.
When he move his arms sending "someone" away and then shakes his head "no no no" ....simple moves but his face is filled with strong emotions.
That's why he is and will always be The One and The Only.